Hi asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 10 years ago

What is a remote access code for answering machines?

I tried calling my friend but it rang for a long time and then some automated dude said something like "Please enter the remote access code". What does that mean does that mean its blocked or what?

i called the landline phone.

Favorite Answer

Let's say that you go on a vacation far away from home, and you want to see if anyone left a message on your answering machine at home. To do this, you would need to call your home phone number, and after the greeting on the answering machine, you would enter the remote access code. Then, the answering machine will tell you to press 1 to listen to your messages, or something similar to that. An answering machine allows you to program your own remote access code. It is called a remote access code because you access your answering machine remotely, or away from home, in other words, by entering a code.

• Sammy D3 years agoReport

But how does anyone leave a message?

Remote Access Code

• Carl N

Some answering machines have to be turned on, but they have a remote access feature that lets you turn it on or off. Your friend probably didn't have it turned on, so it rang for 10-15 rings and still answered the line. If you know the access code hint 00, then you could have "helped him out" by getting into his answering machine :-)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): remote access code answering machines: https://biturl.im/d3js7
  • Rich

In most answering machines/phones...If the answering feature is turned off, after about 15 rings, the owner has an option to turn it on and retreive any older messages. Defaults can be 00 11, etc. Some machines have a 3 digit access code. (But I DO NOT recommend messing with someone elses answering machine.. They may have caller ID, and can get you for invasion of privacy, etc...)

You use the remote access code to call into your answering machine from another telephone and retrieve your messages.

Source(s): Retired Telcom Tech Support Guy

You need the access code to listen to the recorded messages.

Just figured out why it says this when people have tried to call me. I had accidentally turned off the answering machine on my landline. Noticed I hadn't been getting any calls lately. Just as well- my landline calls are almost always people begging for money or wanting to hack my computer.

access code to listen to the recorded messages.

wont take access code