promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Hi asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 10 years ago

What is a remote access code for answering machines?

I tried calling my friend but it rang for a long time and then some automated dude said something like "Please enter the remote access code". What does that mean does that mean its blocked or what?

Update:

i called the landline phone.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's say that you go on a vacation far away from home, and you want to see if anyone left a message on your answering machine at home. To do this, you would need to call your home phone number, and after the greeting on the answering machine, you would enter the remote access code. Then, the answering machine will tell you to press 1 to listen to your messages, or something similar to that. An answering machine allows you to program your own remote access code. It is called a remote access code because you access your answering machine remotely, or away from home, in other words, by entering a code.

• Sammy D3 years agoReport

But how does anyone leave a message?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Remote Access Code

• Carl N
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Some answering machines have to be turned on, but they have a remote access feature that lets you turn it on or off. Your friend probably didn't have it turned on, so it rang for 10-15 rings and still answered the line. If you know the access code hint 00, then you could have "helped him out" by getting into his answering machine :-)

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a remote access code for answering machines?

I tried calling my friend but it rang for a long time and then some automated dude said something like "Please enter the remote access code". What does that mean does that mean its blocked or what?

Source(s): remote access code answering machines: https://biturl.im/d3js7
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rich
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

In most answering machines/phones...If the answering feature is turned off, after about 15 rings, the owner has an option to turn it on and retreive any older messages. Defaults can be 00 11, etc. Some machines have a 3 digit access code. (But I DO NOT recommend messing with someone elses answering machine.. They may have caller ID, and can get you for invasion of privacy, etc...)

• 10 years ago

You use the remote access code to call into your answering machine from another telephone and retrieve your messages.

Source(s): Retired Telcom Tech Support Guy
  • 10 years ago

You need the access code to listen to the recorded messages.

• 4 years ago

Just figured out why it says this when people have tried to call me. I had accidentally turned off the answering machine on my landline. Noticed I hadn't been getting any calls lately. Just as well- my landline calls are almost always people begging for money or wanting to hack my computer.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

access code to listen to the recorded messages.

• 6 years ago

wont take access code

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.