Is it possible to connect 3 monitors together to create a multi monitor setup?

I don't want to spend the $600+ on 3 screen monitor so I was considering building a set up using 3 independent monitors, however I don't know if it is possible to do this. Essentially my plan is to get a LDC monitor with 3 HDMI slots and connect the other 2 monitors I have with single HDMI to it, then... show more I don't want to spend the $600+ on 3 screen monitor so I was considering building a set up using 3 independent monitors, however I don't know if it is possible to do this. Essentially my plan is to get a LDC monitor with 3 HDMI slots and connect the other 2 monitors I have with single HDMI to it, then connect the main monitor into my computer for multi monitor use, but I don't want to buy the monitor without first knowing if this plan will even work. Anyone has some knowledge on this?