Spilled water on my laptop- now touch pad won't work and neither will a USB mouse!?

I spilled a little water on my laptop. I immediately turned it over and shook lightly to try to get the water out. I let it sit upside-down for about an hour. When I turned it on, it went to the screen where I enter my password, but the touch pad wouldn't work. I turned it of and let it sit upside-down overnight. This morning, the touch pad still wasn't working. I had an old wired USB mouse that I dug out, but that won't work either. Is there anything I can do to save my computer?

Favorite Answer

Best when that happens is to make sure there's no power running through the electronic, and dry it out as thoroughly as possible before turning it back on. Any remaining water can ruin the electronics. That's your best bet, but once there's damage, tough luck... You'll probably need to replace the hardware or get a new computer.

Um I would go get ur computer fix. If ur laptop/cellphone had water in it u wouldn't want to turn it on right away. U have to let it dry first and then try it. So I would go see if u can get ur computer fixed somewhere

There isn't a lot, but you can go into some computer store and have it checked out. If that doesn't work get your self a new computer.

if you have any chance, REMOVE POWER AND BATTERY AND LET SIT FOR A FEW DAYS WITH A STREAM OF AIR ON IT LIKE A FAN OR A HEATER VENT ON LOW LOW HEAT. BUT DEFINITELY DONT TRY TO USE IT FOR AWHILE, GIVE IT TIME TO DRY, THEN SEE IF IT IS RUINED.

Pull the battery out and let it sit for a week or so. If that doesn't do it, you may be out of luck,

Source(s): I've slipped stuff before.

you screwed it up, get a new one.