Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What is the definition of a perfect game in baseball?

Is the perfect game in baseball 81 strikes?

27 pitches each with an out scored?

27 batters up and out with any number of pitches?

Favorite Answer

There are 27 outs in 9 innings.

One team must record all 27 outs without allowing any hits, runs, or errors.

No man can reach base.

One pitcher can have a perfect game with 27 batters up, 27 batters down,

or a team can have a perfect game with more than one pitcher,

as long as they still go 27 up, 27 down.

Pitch count doesn't matter.

With a no hitter, you are allowed both walks and errors, but no hits.

27 batters confronted, 27 batters retired consecutively with none accomplishing first base is the suited answer. Chipmaker is real, an mistakes will be committed, which include a dropped foul pop-up, yet when the batter is for this reason retired for the period of that at bat the suited interest remains in play. i'd also upload, there are different activities that would properly be somewhat unusual that would want to ensue. A batter honestly might want to get a fulfillment and attain first base safely. If the authorities stressful circumstances the play because the batter hit out of order and the umpire has the same opinion, than the participant that were given the hit will be out and the suited interest would nonetheless be going.

27 pitches seems more perfect than 81 strikes

27 up and 27 down. No one reached base at all. Not on error not on a walk. Once someone is walked or reached on an error it becomes a no hitter instead of a perfect game.

• ?

Sorry I got to say this. My perfect game is sitting 5 rows behind the Rangers dugout with a Nolan Ryan roast beef sandwich and a cold beer or 5. And the Rangers clinch the pennant!...I thought I'd change it up a bit since I can't add anything else to define a "perfect" game from a technical standpoint.

No opposing batter reaches base safely by any means whatsoever. Meanwhile, your guys manage to score at least one run along the way, so at the end of nine innings you win and don't have to slog on into extras, where history shows (two out of two attempts) that the perfecto and the no-hitter get blown (and, worse, the game possibly lost).

Yes. Phillip Roth wrote about it almost happening in The Great American Novel, a little hailed baseball book every fan should read.

Now, for me, a perfect game is Penelope Cruz on my right, holding my beer, and Megan Fox on my left, waving down the hot dog man.

• NITWIG

Simple. 27 up, 27 out.

It's when a pitcher, pitches in a minimum of 9 inning, preventing opponents to touch base. Without allowing any hits, walks, or runs. Combo of a no-hitter and shutout.

Source(s): Manny Ramirez is a juicehead, kiss his butt.

Its when a pitcher doesnt give a walk. ( A walk is when a pitcher gives four balls to a batter. When that happens, the batter is automaticly sent to first base.) And also when the pitcher doesnt give a base hit. ( when the batter hits the ball and is safe on any base.) And when the pitcher throws nine innings. It is really rare when a pitcher does that in the major leagues.