Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

united and continental airlines?

I have 250 dollars toward my next flight on continental airlines because the person I was going to stay with got sick, so im thinking of booking a new date now. since continnental and united are mergering can i use my continental 250 dollars toward a united flight?

• Mike R
    Favorite Answer

Not yet. They've only announced their plans to merge - but the merge is not official yet. The airlines still have to get approval from shareholders and then from the government. And even when they complete this process - it will take some time for the airlines to work out the logistics of merging their fleet, computer systems, airport facilities, and other things. So even if there are no delays or anything, all this will probably take at least a year. United flights do show up when you search for flights on Continental's website, but that's because both airlines are already part of the same alliance (Star Alliance). But it will still be probably a year before the airlines are officially merged. At any rate - I believe you still have to use your $250 on a Continental flight.

• Keagan

Yes. However, you'll have to book on Continental.com (their website shows United flights).

Not yet, but maybe next year after they merge.

Yes I agree with the above

Need more info to answer