Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Vicky I asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do some libs/dems think fox news is not a true news channel when fox news is #1?

Update:

scroll all the way down to the "ratings" on this site

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it is not that that really think it is not true...... that is just what they want others to believe....it is just the normal propaganda ....the normal lies that the libs/dems dish out in an effort to distort the truth....they prey on the minds of the weak...which are the ones that support them

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It is very amusing that you think that ratings actually determine the quality of the content.

The most rated television shows out there right now include 'American Idol' , 'Americas Got Talent' 'Dancing with the Stars' , 'Jersey Shore' , 'Wipeout' , 'Big Brother' , 'Hell's Kitchen' , 'Spongebob' , 'NFL' , 'WWE' , 'Desperate Housewives'

Obviously by that list, ratings are no indicator of the quality or truthfulness of the show but rather the average intelligence of the American majority. Looking at the top rated shows, it is very easy to see where Fox news rating also get fed from.

I wouldn't go waving that ratings flag as some kind of trophy. I would actually be embarrassed to be lumped into the same viewer ship crowd as these shows.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why do you assume that everyone who watches it actually believes it???

I watch it and so do many people I know, but we all think the same or should I say we have a laugh at the stupidity of the likes of Beck and co trying too hard to sound convincing, but at the same time digging the Republicans into a very deep hole.

Watch Fox news! you know it makes sense Lol!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not saying Fox is like The Onion - but The Onion is a very popular site, and it is not true.

Cartoons sell well and they are not true, Fiction is a great seller in book genres and they are in fact - fiction.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Regardless of what their rating may or may not be, if YOUR "standard" for the quality of news reportage is "the one that is most popular", then why aren't you relying on the Weekly World News for journalistic excellence? Or, better yet, TheOnion.com, which can boast MILLIONS more viewers than Fox?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Fox+mi...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=onion+...

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Fox news is number 1, true

But when measured against all the other news networks as most viewed it is way down on the list. Fox found a nitch, conservatives and slant their news in that direction, thus becoming number one. The other networks, middle of the road to liberal share the rest of the news watchers, which is considerably more then one conservative national news station.

• 1 decade ago

Because it's not. Rating don't make them a valid news source. Normal people choose between many other networks. Brainwashed people chose Fox.

• 1 decade ago

Because true news network do give any money to any political party Fox is the mouth piece for the GOP

• 1 decade ago

Fox news tends to report in a fashion that favors the Republican perspective. As such, those that challenge that perspective find it to be an uncreditable news source.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Their news is entertaining because of the incredible lies they make up. They are #1 just like a fire down the street captures everyones attention.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.