? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

What are some good diet plans or ideas for losing weight?

I'm a 15 year old girl and I weigh 188 pounds and I would like to change my weight. Is there any sort of diet that I could go on like a specail fruit diet or something? I'm open to anything that absolutely works and gets pretty quick and noticeable results.

Best Answer

A simple way to lose weight is to cut out sugar and starch. You don’t have to go low carb, but it helps to reduce your junk carbs and replace them with better carbs (beans, vegetables, fruit) and some fat (fat makes a meal more satisfying so you can get by eating less total calories.)

Exercise can speed up results. On that TV show “Biggest Loser” they exercise all the time.

A Paleo Diet is a good overall approach. It emphasizes natural, whole foods instead of modern processed foods. http://www.paleo-diet.co

1

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipes Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?skAq

2

There's no super easy way to lose weight. If there was, everyone would do it. Depending on your level of seriousness about this and what you're willing to commit to, there are a couple things you could do. First, figure out how many calories you're currently eating a day. You can look up online how many calories someone your age and height should eat a day in a bunch of places online, just use google to find a site. A pound on the human body is equal to 3500 calories, so you need to burn more calories each day than you eat, and every 3500 extra you burn you should lose a pound. Start doing light weight training and some cardio...exercising is almost as important as diet. Avoid too many carbs and as much sugar, white bread, etc. as possible. email golfandlax@yahoo.com if you have more questions.

Source(s): I'm a 17 year old fitness nut

Be careful about what diet you end up doing. You are still so young and you don't need to worry or obsess about your weight. It will work itself out. If you do want to diet, however, consider a diet like weight watchers which teaches you about eating lifestyle vs. just a quick diet that won't enable you to keep the weight off. If you end up doing weight watchers, consider looking at a site like yummy diet food (http://www.yummydietfood.com) for food ideas. It contains tons of great food ideas for someone dieting and taking care of themselves at the same time.

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular “fad” diets out there. Go here https://tr.im/thepaleodiet

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it’s just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it’s a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

I used the calorie shifting diet and had great results. I started out great, slipped up on some cheat days, but picked up great again after that. If you follow it correctly you could lose around 4lbs a week. That's not too slow and not too quick. You lose weight at a healthy rate.

i always find 500 cal diets gd. u lose alot from that.wouldnt remcommend it though, i always go on these kinds of diets and lose weight quickly but always end up gaining it backl! if u think u wont binge after it though, then give it a go. exersize at least an hour a day too if u can i have a treadmill so use that:) ive tried and failed fruit diets before, not very gd coz make u sick after about a week. hope this helps :)xx

• Jessi

-sighs- I'm sorry, but it's idiotic to think that you can get fast and noticeable results when losing weight. Fad diets don't work. Don't starve yourself. Just eat healthily, drink water and ONLY WATER (you could probably drop five pounds within a few weeks if you cut the craptastic drinks full of sugar and carbs) and exercise and you'll start getting results. I promise.

I've tried just about everything to lose weight, and the best, and cheapest, thing that I've found is The Skinny Patch from The Anti-Aging Store. It keeps your cravings down, and boosts your metabolism, letting you lose the weight without having to go on crash diets. Also, they offer free trial samples!

Try It!: http://tracking.coactionmedia.com/aff_c?offer_id=3...