Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

why is Dustin Pedroia called "Laser Show"?

i dont get itt????

• 4-3.
    Favorite Answer

"A couple of years ago I had 60 at-bats. I was hitting .170, everyone was ready to kill me too. What happened? Laser show. So, Relax. -- Dustin Pedroia said that after David Ortiz had a pretty bad start to the 2010 season. Since he's said that, everybody in Boston or Red Sox fans in general refer to him as "Laser Show". "

When he said "Laser Show" he was referring to himself hitting line drive homeruns. That is a great quote by Pedroia. He has a lot of great quotes, great player and person.

Dustin Pedroia Quotes

Dustin Pedroia Bio

Well he was in colorado and he was playing against them. Then he hit 3 homers in one game. He said after the game. What happened out there was a laser show.That's what I think. I'm a yanks fan but I'm not closed minded. Dustin pedroia is good. But if he doesn't get out of the DL he's coming back next year when the red sox needs him now.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i dont get itt????

Source(s): dustin pedroia called quot laser show quot: https://shortly.im/Nmv3D

First answer pretty much covered it!

According to his bio he's been saying 'laser show' ever since he was like an 8 year old kid. But that quote (here's the video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvMOVFshyI pretty much caught everyone's attention and he's become infamous for it... and now Sox fans and reporters and everyone keep on using the term laser show!

cuz he got lasered into the DL for the rest of the season and they wanna make a show out of it?! LOL