Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 9 years ago

If Wesley Snipes were younger would he do good in MMA?

He's a 5th dan in Shotokan Karate (been training since he was twelve), trained Capoiera under Mestre Jelon Vieira, has some experience in Kung Fu and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he would've done great in MMA if he were younger but he's almost fifty right now.

Update:

Yep, it's the same guy who played Blade.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes, Wesley Snipes would've done very well in MMA, He comes from a time when they took martial artists and made them actors, not the other way around, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Van Damme, they all were excellent at what they did winning tournaments (except Bruce Lee who didn't like competition) so they needed a person who knew this style for this role, they would look at tournament winners.. Bruce Lee just put his name out there and got noticed... and that is why those movies aren't the best acted, but have some of the best fight scenes.. I think Snipes would've done very well, as would've most of the action heroes back in that era... would I say Matt Damon or Vin Diesel would've done well? Nope, this is the era where they take good actors (Vin diesel bad example) and instruct them on some of the style and then choreograph the fight.. so they might know some, but they aren't masters like Norris, Van Damme or Seagal.

• Ann
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I'm not sure what he was thinking but I do know that there is a growing number of Americans who are questioning whether the 16th Amendment (which allows for the direct taxation of the public) was actually ratified according to the Constitutional process. The courts in addressing this issue have merely brushed the question aside and stated that the practice is presedetial and therefore constitutional. But if the actual mandate of authority (the Constitution) was not followed in enacting the law, is the resulting law really legal? And, perhaps more importantly, if the amendment was improperly enacted, then do the courts have the Constitutional power to rule that the constitution doesn't technically have to be followed? I wouldn't advise anyone to stop paying taxes, but these are interesting questions to think about.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

yea possiblly aslong as he was training and chances are he would of had to give up actinnnng to put in dedication to do good in mma.. but i think he did a good move by acting because he has made millions of acting

• 9 years ago

We'll never know. He allegedly was supposed to fight Joe Rogan, but pulled out. He'd rather spend his time beating women, since he busted Halle Berry's ear drum!!!

Source(s): 10 years wrestling, 16 martial arts. MMA, Wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, TKD, Kickboxing instructor.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • .Rar
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Ok idk nothing about him in MMA,but jw is that the same guy that played the guy from Blade ? Sorry for not answering your question btw.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

he would definately have been good in it but i still dont think he would have joined as he would make more money from acting!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, he wouldn't have done good. He may have, however, done well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.