Secrets in the Bible? "reading between the lines" etc?

I've recently finished reading Dan Brown's novel "the lost symbol" and it has a LOT of Bible reference. I personally don't have a religion and only know the basics. The novel touched upon the fact that nobody has ever really "understood" the Bible, they've read it but not... show more I've recently finished reading Dan Brown's novel "the lost symbol" and it has a LOT of Bible reference.
I personally don't have a religion and only know the basics.
The novel touched upon the fact that nobody has ever really "understood" the Bible, they've read it but not understood it.

A phrase in the novel was "where you read Black i read White" suggesting to read in between the lines.
I may have become too obsessed with this book and believed anything it's told me however i find it really interesting!

Im not quite sure of what I am asking but if anyone has read the Bible or just parts of it and think they have an interpretation on what it means?
(I have literally only read a novel, so i may be talking rubbish... but I found this book really interesting and would like to know more about the main piece in it, the Bible)

Purely a question of interest so any answers are welcome :-)
Thank you