Why is black ink or blue ink the mandatory color for signing official documents?

Favorite Answer

My husband works for the government (he's in charge of the computer systems that the FAA uses to keep track of planes). He signs the official documents in blue ink because when the paper is photocopied in black and white, the blue ink will show up as black on the copies. So, it's easy to tell the original from the copies by looking for the one with a blue signature.

When I had to make out a will, and make certain other legal documents, I had to sign in blue. Again, this is to distinguish between the original and the copies.

As for other colors, it's because they might not show up on a copied document at all. I know that there used to be a certain color of pale blue that never showed up, and documents that weren't supposed to be copied were printed in that blue.

• holts

Black And Blue Ink

There particularly is not any rule of thumb. it actual relies upon. I propose, right here in financial/authentic sources regulation, we like issues to be signed in blue so we are able to tell what's unique and is no longer, yet we are unlikely to push aside a rfile because of the fact it wasn't. yet thruthfully, if a rfile is signed in black ink, all it takes is a sprint smudge to tell if it particularly is a duplicate or no longer. besides the undeniable fact that it additionally relies upon on what your signing or who your signing it for, some companies would desire black.

Blue

Because those colors do not fade and they will show up in a photocopy or fax.

• Ingrid

Longest lasting and easiest to copy.