Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Significance of Israel's Reemergence?

Dr. David Jeremiah of Turning Point stated: "The significance of Israel's reemergence in her ancient homeland is that this had to occur in order to set the stage for the final fulfillment of biblical prophecies." Your view?

Favorite Answer

It re-emerged because Jewish people, believing in the Old Testament's predictions, had lived there for thousands of years.

When a Jewish state was created following WWII, that was the natural location.

The state was initially going to be called "Judea" or "Samaria," and there were members of the Truman administration who thought this new nation's leaders had a lot of nerve actually calling it "Israel."

In short, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. People lived there because they read a book that said they were supposed to live there.

• ?

Yes, there is a order to the prophecies. When that one was fulfilled the rest could follow.

It is the forerunner to the rise to power of the false, Jewish Messiah (the Antichrist) that Judaism is still expects, He will be the type of materialist Messiah that the Pharisees wanted when they rejected the spiritual Messiah, Jesus. He will make Israel the most powerful nation on Earth and rule over a world government.

• ?

Agreed.

And maybe it's me, but I've never seen such blatant selling of the gospel as on his website. Wow. To say the least. Or is my computer's resolution just set on really, really large? "With your "gift" of any amount".... and that supposed to make it more of a gift, aye? Really irks me, that phrasing! Arrrg.....! Not that the man doesn't have some sound principles going. It's not the message, but the delivery. Typical for today's mindset. But I digress....

Source(s): My distaste and sadness for selling the gospel. Good explanatory site: http://focusonjerusalem.com/israelandthetimeofrest...
  • ?

This is newspaper exegesis. The prophecy is that Israel would be Christian. At this point she is not.

The conclusion is that this is not fulfillment of prophecy as dispensationalism argues it.

• Rick

None. They are apostates who killed Jesus and deny their God Jehovah:

Jesus said:

(Matthew 23:37-39) 37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But YOU people did not want it. 38 Look! YOUR house is abandoned to YOU. 39 For I say to YOU, YOU will by no means see me from henceforth until YOU say, ‘Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name!’”

(Galatians 6:16) . . .And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

True born again Christians are the Israel of God.

Cheers, Rick

Israel has become mature and is getting old. So it's time for GOD'S second coming

Like any other country, Israel will go away and Jesus won't come back. hell you can wait for cookie monster and it will be the same.

self-fulfilling prophecy

[how much did he have to donate to his church to get his doctorate]

He should put his doctorate back in the cereal box he got it out from