Do you think Blacks got to where they are in society today alone?

What I am trying to say do you believe that black people are looked at how they are looked at today in America because of themselves or because of someone else. I believe blacks did not get there alone but I do believe now they are somewhat going to remain there because of themselves. With the drop out rate, the... show more What I am trying to say do you believe that black people are looked at how they are looked at today in America because of themselves or because of someone else. I believe blacks did not get there alone but I do believe now they are somewhat going to remain there because of themselves. With the drop out rate, the young mothers, and the high rate of people in jail. I am mixed but I do have to say this, shouldn't we work on bettering ourselves rather than blaming someone else. I see a lot of black males dropping out to become drug dealers, or rappers, or going to jail. Then I see a lot of women not even trying to get into school having babies at young ages. Why is it that us as a culture complain the white man keeps bringing us down yet we are not working to bring are young people up. The black rappers don't help, nor do they set a positive reflection on what it is like to be black; so why are they look at as the highest in so many black communities. Rappers like Lil' Wayne & Nicki Minaj are the faces are blacks, and look at how they show case themselves. Nothing like Tupac or Miss Hill. I do not hate my own race I see those black people out trying and going to college, but I see more not doing anything.
Update: And I live in suburban area