Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Endometriosis and urinary urgency?

Hi everyone, I've been dealing with some extreme health issues for 8 months and am desperately seeking solutions to my discomfort. Hopefully someone can help. It all started out with the feeling that I couldn't hold my urine. I've never had an accident (besides from laughing, coughing and sneezing- which I've done for years).. But around January it became a terrible discomfort. I felt as though I always had to be conscious of my bladder muscles.. I felt as if I relaxed, I would lose my control. Then the pain began. I started feeling really uncomfortable pelvic pain. Sharp shooting pains, bloating, gas, constipation, diahrea.. you name it, if it's below the belly button- I've had troubles with it all year. I've had urine cultures done, a colonoscopy, a cystoscopy with a urologist.. even a sleep study. I also go to the chiropractor 3 times a week. Before all of this, I have never had any health issues, so this has become quite frustrating. All of my blood tests and urine cultures have come back normal. My cystoscopy showed nothing abnormal such as interstitial cystitus, cancer or small bladder capacity. The colonoscopy was normal as well. My gynocolegist and my gastro interologist both suspect endometriosis. Keep in mind, I've had a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound as well, which both showed nothing abnormal besides a retroverted uterus. The pelvic pain and urinary discomfort is still a daily battle. I am always conscious of how I'm sitting, how I'm moving.. everything. It is taking away my livelihood and I'm at my wit's end. If anyone can share a personal story or a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

• STimmR
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like endo to me! You can't see endo on a US or CT or MRI...it can only be seen by diagnostic surgery. Talk to your doctor about having a laproscopic surgery performed to diagnose and remove any endo lesions you may have. It is a minimally invasive procedure that should have a recovery time of 2-3 days.

Endo took away my livlihood and ability to have children. i had to have a hysterectomy at 29 before I coudl have kids and I lost my job becuase i could no longer sit in a chair for longer than 10 minutes with out excruciating pain. Once you have the surgery, your pain should reduce drastically and you need to get on some form of cycle supressant immediately after to keep that pain at bay for as long as possible. There is no cure to endo, only surgical and pharmacuetical treatments to keep it from becoming as bad of a problem as it has been for people like me and others.

be proactive about your care. good luck

Source(s): personal experience.

You really need to read "Endometriosis Bible & Violet Protocol" by Zoe Brown (also available in electronic format here: http://www.endometriosisbible.info ). It's about how to eradicate endometriosis disease forever. It worked for me, you will see results in only a matter of weeks. Good Luck!