Nay asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

4 -5 days Unprotected Sex 14 days after period?

I have been feeling very very weird. head feels heavy off and on throughout the day. Today My Husband and I took the pregnancy test 7days early of my period. it came out negative, but I'm not feeling myself.

A am I truly not pregnant?

B should I trust the test?

C or should I take it again in 2 days?

Favorite Answer

14 days after period started or 14 days after period ended? It depends on your individual cycle to when you ovulate for pregnancy to be discussed. I'm guessing you mean 14 days after the first day of your period if you tested 7 days before your period is due. Just remember, not every woman has the textbook 28 day cycle with day 14 ovulation.

7 days before your period is way too early to take a test. If you are pregnant it takes 5-12 days for the embryo to implant into your uterus after the sperm fertilises the egg (this can be the day of sex or 3-4 days later) and a further 48-72hrs for the hormone to build up in your system enough to be detected in a pregnancy test. Wait until your period is due and does not arrive to take another test, waiting only 2 days before taking another test will lead to further disappoint of a negative.

Another little hint with ttc, sex after ovulation is not the best way to ttc. The egg only survives 12-24 hrs once it's released from the ovary. Sperm survives in the woman's tubes for approx 5 days. Sex the 4 days prior to ovulation and sex on ovulation day in case ovulation is late is the best chance of conceiving, it ensures the sperm is in the tubes waiting to pounce when the egg is released.

Good luck.

Source(s): baby girl stillborn 24 weeks 8 month old son 14.5 weeks pregnant

You can take a test that early and get a result. I was able too. And if you feel like you are pregnant then wait a few more days then take another one. Good luck and you and you husband are in my prayers.

Source(s): 34 Weeks 2 Days pregnant with our first =)

you cant take a test that early. take a test after your missed period. good luck :)