About how many eggs are too much?

My dog and cats don't care for dry food, so to encourage them to eat sometimes, I like to crack a raw egg over their food. I know there is a disease dogs can get from eating eggs excessively though. The name of it escapes me now, but it can be fatal. So how much is too much? I give them eggs very rarely,... show more My dog and cats don't care for dry food, so to encourage them to eat sometimes, I like to crack a raw egg over their food. I know there is a disease dogs can get from eating eggs excessively though. The name of it escapes me now, but it can be fatal. So how much is too much?

I give them eggs very rarely, but I'd like to know for future knowledge.
Update: No, it's not salmonella. It's something that's caused by eating too much of one of the nutrients found in eggs.
Update 2: I have little control over what my pets eat. I'm not the one who pays the bills. But I do try to give them a little treat every now and again. I hardly ever give eggs though, like just a few times every few months, so I'm not worried about them catching something, I just asked this question out of... show more I have little control over what my pets eat. I'm not the one who pays the bills. But I do try to give them a little treat every now and again. I hardly ever give eggs though, like just a few times every few months, so I'm not worried about them catching something, I just asked this question out of CURIOSITY.

As for the "extensive research" behind dry food, in actuality, there is very little. If I had the choice I could MAKE something better than what Walmart sells.

And dry food has been proven not to control tooth gum disease like so many of the companies push. In fact, it's often the CAUSE of it.