Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 10 years ago

Do you consider Jose Naploes one of the greatest Cuban fighters ever or one of the greatest Mexican fighters?

I know he was born in Cuba but he lived in Mexico for most of his life and fought out of Mexico as well. He is also a national hero there. I would rank him up there with JCC and Sanchez as one of the greatest Mexican fighters ever.

Update:

but Boxrec ranks him the best Cuban fighter ever.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cubans are one of the feared-most boxers of all time... these homegrown-trained

fighters are exceptional as they, at young ages, been funded, trained and are molded

by mostly state-paid coaches, trainers, etc. For them, national price, reward and

pride first and foremost before self-enrichment is the ultimate goal.

this is well way obvious in those fighting boxers of Eastern bloc Europe... that is

why almost all of them are trained through tremendous discipline and respect.

Money enrichment is always not the main goal... (until maybe you may name one,

of these boxers that HAS BEEN ERODED by money-GOD match-making fights)...

as Filipino, but not a boxing aficionado, i really admire their excellent training years

with their uneroded excellent boxing training handlers, and when they become

professionals in world boxing they continue to be handled by their own countries

originals training coaches, strategist, team and staff...

Cubans of course, my hats-off!! and though, i was not able to follow the trails of

Jose Napoles, i do believe (though i havent viewed some of his fights on video clips),

this over-achiever Jose is Cuban's amongst the greatest if not at par with world's

ATGs....

jj kepweng jeddah....

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

I consider him a Cuban who fought out of Mexico, not different than lots of fighters who moved to another country for better fights and opportunities.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Just because he lived in Mexico does not mean he is Mexican he is still Cuban, thats like saying if Muhamid Ali moved to Italy means he's italian LMAO

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.