HELP ME! THINGS ABOUT LEBANON!!! LEBANON?
where is lebanon?
whats next to it?
give me some facts too :D
thank you so much
- Anonymous10 years agoFavorite Answer
Lebanon is in the Middle East, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Israel and Syria.
official language: Arabic.
Independence Day, 22 November (1943)
1. Lebanon has 18 religious communities.
2. It has 40 daily newspapers.
3. It has 42 universities.
4. It has over 100 banks.
(that is banks and not branches of a bank).
5. 70% of the students are in private schools.
6. There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon
(In Europe & America , there's 1 doctor per 100 people).
7. The name LEBANON appears 75 times in the Old Testament.
8. The name CEDAR (Lebanon 's tree) appears 75 times too in the Old Testament!
9. Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 9 times
(this is why it's compared to The Phoenix).
10. There are 4 Million Lebanese in Lebanon.
11. There's around 15 Million Lebanese outside Lebanon!
OTHER INTERESTING FACTS:
1. Lebanon, the country, was occupied by over 16 countries: (Egyptians-Hittites-Assyrians- Babylonians- Persians- Alexander the greats Army- the Roman Empire Byzantine- the Arabian Peninsula-The Crusaders- the Ottoman Empire- Britain-France- Israel- Syria).
2. Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest, continuously living city in the world.
3. Lebanon 's name has been around for 4,000 yrs non- stop (it's the oldest country/ nation's name in the world!)
4. Lebanon is the only Asian country that doesn't have a desert.
5. There are 15 rivers in Lebanon (all of them coming from its own mountains).
6. Lebanon is one of the most populated countries in its archeological sites, in the world!
7. The first alphabet was created in Byblos (city in Lebanon).
8. The only remaining temple of Jupiter in the world (the main Roman god) is in Baalbeck, Lebanon (The City of the Sun).
9. The name of BYBLOS comes from the BIBLE!
10. Lebanon is the country that has the most books written about it.
11. Lebanon is the only non-dictatorial country in the Arab world (Yes, we do have a President!)
12. Jesus Christ made his 1st miracle in Lebanon, in Qana (The miracle of Turning water into wine).
13. The Phoenicians (Original People of Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and they were the first to sail ever!
14. Phoenicians also reached America long before Christopher Columbus did.
15. The 1st law school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown Beirut.
16. People say that the cedars were planted by God's own hands (This is why they're called 'The Cedars of God', and this is why Lebanon is called 'God's Country on Earth.
EDIT: almost forgot BEST PLACE TO PARTY AND BEST PEOPLE TO PARTY WITH :)Source(s): I live in lebanon
- 10 years ago
I agree with " u know u love me", + :
- We have a christian president.
- The greatest wonder of nature: Jeiita grotto.
-Lebanon is an arab country, but it is not muslim country, because, how "u know u love me" says: there is 18 religion in Lebanon, but fundamental religions are: Islam and Christianity.
I also live in Lebanon, it's a great place.
- Anonymous6 years ago
all what have been mentioned before is true, but what is missing is that this is all history or past. nowadays in Lebanon you might need to bribe somebody to get to your own car, electric power is going through many trouble, there is no government therefor no rules, in Bekaa you can shoot someone and leave and the said to be investigations will be carried by non specialized troops without an official doctor or some thing like that. water is highly available in Lebanon but most of it is contaminated with factories trashing into rivers and beaches and nearly all of Lebanon has no recycling plants. there is Sokleen in beirut which is a highly corrupted company that takes around 118 dollars per recycled ton (there are countries with 6 dollars at recycled ton), and in other places in Lebanon they just amass the trash somewhere near the shore like Borj Hammoud in Saida (Saidon) and where i live, in Bekaa Valley, they trash them in the woods and burn them sometimes releasing highly poisonous pollutants which's results now are showing in everybody around: cancer, poisoning blablabla. talking about poisoning, there is no supervision on the used fertilizers for agriculture, and these who agriculturing are mostly illiterate Syrian peasants or gypsies with absolutely zero knowledge about fertilizers. If you don't believe what I am saying you might want to come pay a visit to this place. there is no urban organization, nearly everywhere. Evidence are Hay al Sollom in Beirut and all of Bekaa, houses building too clos to each other blocking the sun and the stinky smell of "poop drainage" (I don't exactly know its name, I'm not a native english speaker) frequently shittify the lives of everyone around. Bribes bribes bribes... you can't imagine how much bribing is spread allover Lebanon, this makes it a very bad country. This was before Syrians flood the country due to the civil war in Syria (the so called revolution). After they came, to imagine the situation you need to double all the **** I mentioned before, especially about electricity. and newly here, if you leave your home you are uncertain whether or not you'll make it back. Suicide bombing is spreading in Lebanon with Jihadists from Syria, Tripoli, and Saida mostly, exploding everywhere from cafeterias to public transport vans to mosques, and recently attempted to blow up a gas factory but fortunately he failed to do it.If you go into jail even with a minimal charge, you may spend about five or six jailed before a court starts dealing with your story, and they might figure after your six year jailing that you are innocent and just throw u out. imagine that situation, your spouse sold your house while you were in jail and left you and are alone with no where to go and nothing to do. Well, stop imagining now cuz it have happened to real people. In some places like near some mosque in saida, declaring that are an atheist would get you killed. In other places like Jabal Mohsen, walking in the streets would get you killed. otherwise, the downtown,Beirut is a very safe and very advanced place just like somewhere in Hollywood. If you can afford a 2 million dollar apartment then I'd recommend you move to the downtown, otherwise collect these info and be glad you don't live in such a country.Source(s): I live in Bekaa
- Anonymous10 years ago
Whatever he said PLUS Lebanon is the most hospitable place on the planet & has the greatest cuisine too !Source(s): J...
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 6 years ago
Lebanon is the best!