Do you feel bad when you kill insects?

Just a weird question. Why is it that we feel bad killing animals, but not insects?

Just something to think about...

Favorite Answer

I don't think it's a weird question. I've always thought about that. sometimes when i kill insects, I'm just thinking about if I become a bug in another life, I am so screwed! i'll probably be treated as badly as i treated the bugs/insects. sometimes I apologize to the insect and to God for taking their lives away, but other times I don't feel so bad because they're like invading my space and going where they don't belong!

I only kill houseflies and mosquitoes, as they carry filthy germs and diseases....everything else I re-locate or allow it egress and ingress...spiders eat other bugs and are not killed in my household.

Being the mother of two boys, I long-ago became de-sensitized to insects. When I'd see one, I'd figure that if it didn't move it was a plastic replica, and if it did move, it would soon be gone...

Look at all the Karma I've got coming to me for NOT killing those insects! <G>

Because insects don't serve us humans much purpose. They are more of an annoyance than a benefit. Most insects also carry potentially dangerous venom, making them a threat to our existence. However, my foot makes a perfect weapon of choice to rid of their existence.

• M

I don't kill bugs. I take them in a tissue paper and leave them outside.

I could NEVER kill another living being or animal.

Sometimes...even spiders which I dooooo not like. But yeah I do :P Just like how if you were driving and a racoon or something was in the middle of the road and u ACCIDENTALLY killed it...more or less :P

• I don't feel "bad" per se, but I feel gross if I have crushed it with my hand. I am deathly afraid of spiders, so I won't even get near enough to kill them, I just get paranoid and feel creepy-crawlies all over my skin. Mosquitoes SUCK!

well if they are invading my privacy, or, for example, picnic,then hell naw. but if for some reason in a rage i kill a little ant or beetle walking around by accident, then i feel bad for it, or just kind of go, my bad, and move on. basically, if they are annoying or dangerous or itchy, i dont feel bad. otherwise, a little.

Source(s): killing cockroaches in my bathroom
  • If they are destructive insects like grasshoppers , ants,or flies, no , I don't ... I always leave the helpful ones alone, like spiders, lady bugs,praying mantis.

I feel that it is instinct to kill them, but I still feel so bad sometimes!

Yeah, I accidently stepped on a spider last week and I felt terrible.