? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What are unusual boy names?

I am currently writing a romantic fantasy story and I am in name trouble.

The boy I need a name for is a shadow, you can't see him unless he chooses to show himself. He's a protector of a human girl with a great strength, so he's a good shadow.

I would be cool if his name meant fire, spirit or shadow, or anything related to those for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Raiden. It doesn't mean any of the things you mentioned, but it means thunder, lightning, storm, and the like like in Japanese (I think....) plus it's unusual. I've never met a boy called Raiden! And also, instead of sounding weird like most unusual names, it actually sounds quite good. I also recommend Kai, I have no idea what it means, but it unusual and sounds relatively mysterious.. kind of shadowy, if you know what I mean....

Hope I helped! :)

• Marcia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I'm with your partner. Now, if you get to keep the middle, whatever lol. Most people don't go by their middle names anyhow. Jago...Yah-go or Jag-oh? Ellis Jago Caspar Jago Cyrus Jago Osiris Jago Foster Jago Dexter Jago Edson Jago Lyle Jago Thaddeus Jago Silas Jago Holden Jago Auden Jago Levi Jago Cornelius Jago Demetrius Jago Rhett Jago Zane Jago Coleman Jago

• 9 years ago

Abner: A Hebrew name meaning "father of light"

Adhamh: A Irish/Scottish name meaning "man of the red earth" which is, according to the bible, the first man

Adoni: A Aboriginal name meaning "the sunset"

Damen: A Greek name meaning "taming"

Darnell: A French name meaning "from the hidden place"

Devante: A Spanish name meaning "fighter of wrong"

Donovon: Irish, meaning "dark warrior"

Uzi: Hebrew name for "my strength"

Adar:Hebrew name for "fiery one"

Ammon: Egyption name for "hidden one"

Hope these helped! I love your idea :) Happy writing!

Source(s): various baby name sites
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Heyy :)

I dont really know the meanings of these names, but here are some good unique ones that I love:

Unusual boy names:

Cole, Phoenix, Brooklyn, Romeo, Leo, Preston, Zane, Dermott, Ryder, Warren, Wyatt, Brett

Boys God names:

Apollo, Ares, Dinoysus, Eros, Hades, Hephaestus, Hermes, Poseidon, Zeus

Last names;

Taylor, Smith, Willow, Phoenix, Summer, Piper, Darcey, Rory, Brooke, River, Grace, Cole, Wyatt, Preston, Zane, Ryder, Rose, Clarke, Clayton, Halliwell, Fox, Senna, Lee, Power, Stone, Campbell, Moss, Hale, Conner, Morgan, Walton...

Hope I helped- good luck with your writing! :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Don't name your character something unusual, please. It is one of the quickest ways to end up with a cliche character. I usually just use the first name that pops into my head when I start writing and if it ends up not working, I just change it later. I will give you a source that I use when I need something culture specific though:

http://www.behindthename.com/

edit: @ dwayne- Jenny is a great name

<------------- haha

• 9 years ago

Aiden, Kalib, John

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Betzalel (shadow of God)

Aden (little fire)

Esprit (spirit)

• 9 years ago

Jenny. If I met a boy named Jenny I would be quite disturbed.

Oh, I do not say that Jenny is a bad name. I simply said that it is a strange name for a boy.

• Well, Kieran means light, so it'd be ironic.

I also like Asher, but that mean happiness, so I don't know if you'd use it.

• Echo

Itz a mysterious name sorta.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.