I rear ended someone and now feel AWFUL!?

So me and my dad were driving on our way to the video store to return some movies and there was a pool by the road and there was these hot guys in it. We were amazed and the pool and i was lookin at the guys and well you probably see where Im going with this but I didnt stop in time and hit the person in front of me. I just dented the border around my liscence plate and left a dent in the back of her van. Nobody got her. The lady wasnt mad, the police officer wasnt mad. The lady actually called me sweetheart and said she knew i felt terrible. Ive never been in a car accident before and I cried so hard after is happened.

I thought my parents would hate me but they said its okay and it can happen to anyone and my dad said hes been in accidents before to. I have to pay a $30 ticket and obviously to get her van fixed. I told some of my friends and they said its okay it was just an accident its not the end of the world, but I FEEl SO AWFUL!! I feel like Im not the same now. Im probably just being dramatic but still, it just is a crummy feeling. My friends said because Im a good person I feel terrible about possibly endangering someones life.

Can anyone please help me feel better? :(

No rude comments please I already feel like ****!

Favorite Answer

Last time I checked, no one is perfect and accidents happen.

Don't cry yourself into a deep state of depression.

Your accident was one of life's lessons.

Use it to your advantage and learn from the experience.

Cars don't kill, people do (a line gun lobbyists use "Guns don't kill, people do")

It's your responsibility to follow the rules of the road.

A couple of them being - stay alert and be aware.

Don't let your mind wander, pay attention to your driving and surroundings, no phone use when driving.

That van can easily have been a young child running into the street from between 2 parked cars chasing her ball.

Be thankful no one was hurt in the accident.

Not to make light of the situation, everyone involved would agree you had

a happy accident.

It was an accident sweetheart - you didn't mean for it to happen.

• rko88

Well you should get over it because the accident wasn't that bad and nobody got hurt but you do need to be more careful. You can't let something like that distract you so much that you cause an accident, you need to be watching the road while you are driving. I see hot girls while I'm driving walking on the street but I just glance over and always pay attention to what's going on around me. You have to be in control of your car at all times and be a safe and defensive driver. So don't look off the road and pay more attention while you are driving because it could have been a lot worse. Also I don't know what that one person on here is talking about but I have never been in an accident and I never will. I'm a safe driver and know how to drive so it will never happen. Anyway just relax and don't let some guy on the road distract you from driving and stop worrying about what happened and move on. It's not that bad and it's not like you were going 50mph and T-boned somebody, that would be a lot worse. Good luck!

Source(s): myself

Wow that was a pretty rotten day. Well you may have to solve your problems one at a time. Creepy guy is hopefully gone forever, so thats one down. Mixed messages, from x just means he misses the sex, but all of the same things are wrong between you. Ignore the texts. Thats two. Maybe your mom needs YOU for a change, so you could think of something to do with her. 3. Ignore the wanna be sister in law Poison is no fun if the intended person does not seem to be bothered by it. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

personally i think her kindness about the whole thing should be answered with a little kindness of your own, so anything you can do, like pay for the damages or help fix her van would be kind. but knowing its your fault and feeling the guilt is good when the guilt part not so much but accepting is good, others might deny it.

Oh and next time, don't get distracted especially when driving, the next person probably wont be so kind

• Ben

Two things that you need to take from this. First you recognized that you became distracted, which is good. Second you feel bad. So the way to prevent this from happening again is to "program" your brain with that bad feeling whenever you become distracted while driving. The association of distracion with that awful feeling will remind you to look around, evaluate the situation and then look back at your hot boys. hope that helps

Source(s): I'm a Nerd and accidents suck
  • I kinda know how you feel. I've never been in an accident before, but the other day my friends were all in the car and I jumped it. I mean, really jumped it. Four wheels at least a foot in the air. I immediately regretted it and felt like I didn't know who I was anymore. All my friends though it was cool, but any joy about it that I showed was merely superficial. I felt terrible about it. All you can do is just wait, and take your mind off it, and you'll feel better.

Every driver has the duty to keep his car under proper control and to drive in a manner so that he may avoid colliding with other cars. Most of the time the fault of the accident lies with the driver involved and in this case your were distracted plus as stated above hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson...

Accidents can and do happen to the best of drivers, so you're not alone. But as long as everyone's okay and no one is hurt, everything will turn out fine. I know how you feel; accidents are a bad thing to have happen, even if the other driver is at fault. But everything will turn out okay, like I said.

No one was hurt, the person you rear ended seemed like a very mature person. Next time, try and pay more attention on the road. There could of been a pedestrian near by.

All good though!

It's called an "accident", not an "on purpose". But you have learned a very important lesson early in your driving career. Pay attention to the road, because things can change in a split second.