Mozilla Firefox VS Internet Explorer?

I've used IE my entire life, now I'm wondering if it's time to install Mozilla Firefox on my Windows?

If I have both installed, my computer will be slowed down just a bit, right? It's already pretty slow.

Can you explain WHY Firefox is better? Pros and cons?

Alright, new question.

Firefox VS Chrome?

Okay guys, at this very moment I am using Mozilla Firefox...

Favorite Answer

Firefox

Pro

-Currently has the 3rd fastest rendering time

-Add ons

-Most secure web browser

-Fastest tab memory

Cons

-Too much add ons slow the machine

-Takes a bit to shut down.

IE

Pro

-Basic easy to use

Cons

-Slowest by a factor 10(

-Difficulty in rendering things properly(I can not tell you how much of a pain it is to make a website work in IE6)

-Weakest security out of everything(allow for back door access to your system core for easy virus upload)

Chrome

Pro

-Fastest web-browsing compared to all(not much further ahead compared to Firefox or safari almost negligible but light-years to IE)

-Tabs use little RAM

Cons

-Data mining

-Not add on frendly

Okay if you have any combination your computer will not be slowed that much unless if you like to keep tons of cookies/downloads/history/any other content.

Firefox is better compared to IE, it is more secure and faster despite being open-source. Firefox unlike IE is up to code always with the W3C consortium which means it works like it should. Firefox compared to IE is less prone to crashes and other issues related to the OS. Also IE is tied directly into the Operating System meaning that if you are using it a virus can easily travel from your web browser and into you core operating system which makes it easier for someone to gain complete control while Firefox is note tied in.

With Chrome in the mix it will give you a minimalistic browser but is very fast. It's losing ground because Safari and Firefox are going to leapfrog it making it the 3rd fastest instead of the fastest in about five months. Compared to IE which will lose even more ground by the time it gets to IE9. Chrome allows for fast searches and is great for those who barley even understand how a web browser works and just want speed.

Side note. Please don't use IE any more, it makes web-developers cry. The same task for firefox/chrome/safai takes five times longer to work on IE. Also we want to bring you better video, better graphics, more features, safer browsing, on other awesome features but we can't until you ditch IE.

Source(s): Web Developer

Mozilla Firefox!

If your computer's already slow, why make your browsing even slower with Internet Explorer right?

Just download Mozilla Firefox to make you're like just a tad easier. :P

Definitely Firefox is better than IE because it is developed on the most popular and fastest mozilla platform

you can even made it faster by removing the addons and unnecessary plugins

if your internet connection is slow try using

Opera 10.60 it is the fastest browser i have ever experienced

with a feature called opera turbo enabeled in really speed up the page download for slower connections

Firefox is better, hands-down. Having both installed will not slow down your computer.

However, Google Chrome loads pages faster than Firefox. It's been tested numerous times. Chrome is the best browser. I still use Firefox sometimes, but you can have every single browser ever created installed and it won't slow your computer down. Unless you're running both at once, haha, I guess.

Do not change to Internet explorer believe me. Keep the Firefox.

• ?

I used to use IE, but I changed to Firefox and find it a lot easier and user friendly.

You won't slow your computer as you'll either be using one or the other, not both at one time.

Mozilla Firefox

the best browser I am using it simply the best

Use Opera instead; it's great for slow PCs as it has a "Turbo" feature. Also, it is said to be the fastest Browser, at the moment.

But... anything really beats Internet Exploder; Firefox is great for customizing with addons; and Greasemonkey is awesome, for it.

Firefox because its faster than internet well at least it is for me.

You can go on more things.