Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Our liberals hate bias news as evident by their constant complaining of FNC. Why do CNN, NBC, et al. get a?

free pass?

Isn't it unfair to discriminate against just one station that has a bias when every single one of them does?

One more question, why would you even watch a station that has a bias that you don't agree with?

Favorite Answer

They don't watch FNC. Most never saw it. They are just bigots. They heard that it promoted conservative attitudes (I'm not sure it does particularly) and they beat on it for that.

They are ivory tower elite spoiled and sheltered little children in adult bodies and they panic at the thought someone might take away the image of a "mommy" and "daddy" government. They are incapable of standing in the world alone and the thought they would need to fend for themselves sends them into fits.

Ironically the conservatives wouldn't abandon them. The true liberals more likely would. See below. Today most socialists fraudulently call themselves "liberal" only because they like the sound of that word better than their true posture's label.

True liberalism advocates: individual freedom, weak government, and free markets. Conservatism advocates: moral responsibility, strong government, and protected markets. Socialism advocates: social responsibility, omnipresent government, and controlled markets.

Source(s): I have for decades studied philosophies, cultures, and social institutions began because of the confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist propaganda disseminated from universities.
  • Orion

Both parties call bias and both parties to a degree would be correct. People tend to watch programs that substantiate what they already believe. So I agree in part that it's silly for either party to call a particular station bias while watching a station with bias. Any news network is driven by some form of bias and most of these programs the host is an editorialist more than a simple journalist giving out more of their viewpoint during the program than just simple facts.

I think we should take more direct involvement to get information than just the news. With C-Span we can watch the floor of the house and senate as it is happening. We can research official sources and official sites for facts and formulate our own opinions on what's going on rather than be spoon fed it from some corporate media outlet trying to boost ratings by creating sensationalism.

Those stations do not get a free pass. I hear them get roundly lambasted - and from viewers around the globe in more than one language.

I watch/ read all kinds of sites/ people/ and other sources that I don't agree with: how esle would I know what they're saying or understand their point of view.

Keep your enemies close.

• bianka

many human beings will hate something with a bias they disagree with. That suggested, however... at the same time as actually Comedy helpful has a bias, CBS, NBC, and the others -- fantastically NPR -- attempt to shrink thier bias. have you ever listened to NPR? at the same time as their assurance would not mirror that of Fox, they are particularly stable at reporting, they refer to substantial human beings from many backgrounds and who carry many viewpoints, and that they do it with no need offended, calling anybody names, or suggesting that one political section is larger than the different.

No, the Fox network has more than a bias... it has an egregious bias. I occasionally watch the idiots on Fox to see what the bastards are up to now.

I completely agree, which is why I watch them all. Anyone who watches the network that only agrees with them is a stupid idiot who just wants their *** kissed. I get my news from many sources, some liberal and some conservative. Anyone who only gets from one or the other is a misinformed imbecile.

Fox TV gets ALL their stories wrong, all the time, and on purpose.

Major networks show their bias sometimes - Fox is never unbiased, not once, not ever.

Source(s): There's a big difference.
  • Erik

I don't watch any of them.

I have a feeling most of them are pretty moderate. They just don't cater to the right's "special" needs so you label them liberal.

The media is out for profits. Whatever sells makes headlines. Nothing political about it.

Liberals always grant passes to their own kind

Source(s): May God Bless you and keep us all safe from the progressive axis of evil,0bama,Pelosi&Reid
  • Dale

Because our conservatives always parrot what they hear on fox. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.