Classic Novel Book Choosing help?

Yoohoo :D! I need choose a classic novel to read and do a book report on for AP English 1. Im leaning towards: The Old Man and the Sea, A Tale of Two Cities, War and Peace, and Pride and Prejudice. Any ideas on if these are too hard to start the year off with? They arent too complicated for me at all. Out of the books i list above which one should i read for my book report. I will read all of them eventually.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The Old Man and the Sea is short and good, but very complex. I'm not an Austin fan or a Dickens fan (I find them kind of dry), so I'd say no to A Tale of Two Cities and Pride and Prejudice. I strongly discourage you from doing War and Peace because it is a HUMONGOUS tome and probably more of an undertaking than you want to start the year with.

Personally, I'd recommend anything by George Orwell and Ernest Hemingway.

i could bypass with To Kill Mockingbird My Antonia, or The Hound of the Baskervilles via Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is a selection of short memories, however the Hound of the Baskerviles is a great Sherlock Holmes novel as is A learn in Scarlet. those are the shortest memories on your checklist. do no longer even think of of examining Moby Dick, a robust tale, yet Melville has diarrhea of the pen, and is somewhat pedantic. particularly some the different books you have chosen are particularly long. those i discussed are stable, and particularly short. desire you hit upon one you like.

Now, I rather like Austen, and once you've finished reading the books, there's like 10 movie versions of P and P so you can get the full visual effect. Sometimes watching the movie is a good HELP when you've already read the book.

Totally agree with Emily M. Suggest Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Note of caution, it has some sexual content - I'm not from your country so can't judge how old you are from the course you're studying.

The Time Traveler's Wife

"The Time Traveler's Wife" is one of the most interesting, powerful books I've read in a long time. Audrey Niffenegger did a beautiful job taking some of the most complex ideas - time travel, marriage, love, children, friends, literary and artistic allusions, religion, death, drugs, childhood, growing, loss, and what it means to be human - and weaving them together poetically and with amazing clarity.

.................

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Travelers-Wife-Audrey-N...

…......................

Also check out there are many collection of books at ebay

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?...