Mormons: Did Jesus or the NT promote to follow Living Prophets, or did He point to the Word: "IT IS WRITTEN!"?

Update: @sam c bender..re: Eph 2:20 in context helps. In 2:8-9, you read salvation to all which, brings together Jew & Gentile to be one body or building in Christ. Yes,(v20) the foundation was the prophets (OT) & apostles, Jesus being the chief cornerstone ...I dont see a promotion of prophets, only the chief... show more @sam c bender..re: Eph 2:20 in context helps. In 2:8-9, you read salvation to all which, brings together Jew & Gentile to be one body or building in Christ.
Yes,(v20) the foundation was the prophets (OT) & apostles, Jesus being the chief cornerstone ...I dont see a promotion of prophets, only the chief cornerstone .....who is above all

@One Tin Solder...I agree, KJV onlyism is unwise. and yes, "adding things" is inevitible, though unwise as well.
but how are the Jews accusing Christians of (what)???...multiple prophets? ..or in that they dont accept Jesus as messiah . They certainly dont consider Jesus a living prophet, much less others since then.
Update 2: @jp....The point I see with Jesus example of "it is written" is the example of all the offices in Eph 4:11 were to turn to scripture as the basis for authority, both what was written up to that time as well as what was to be recorded by His diciples (apostles) & Paul as well. Prophets in the OT... show more @jp....The point I see with Jesus example of "it is written" is the example of all the offices in Eph 4:11 were to turn to scripture as the basis for authority, both what was written up to that time as well as what was to be recorded by His diciples (apostles) & Paul as well.
Prophets in the OT Foretold....and if they erred or just lied, they were stoned
my point? have recent living 'prophets' made errors or lied? .
Update 3: I agree w/ Publius and john mccain that there will be visions, dreams, etc in the last days, What concerns me is alleged living prophets that are not in alignment with known scripture
Update 4: If there is to be "church guidance" , shouldnt it conform to what was written up and through Revelation? Can one declare himself to be a living prophet and like judge Walker, overturn all known scripture at points it deems not correctly translated?
Update 5: @jp...if "Living prophets must most certainly be held accountable to the written word.", can you explain the complete rejection of known revalation & scripture at the behest of one man, and entirely re-defines "GOD"? (Pearl of Great PriceCh2 vs 1-23, Teachings of Joseph Smith p345, cf Journal... show more @jp...if "Living prophets must most certainly be held accountable to the written word.", can you explain the complete rejection of known revalation & scripture at the behest of one man, and entirely re-defines "GOD"? (Pearl of Great PriceCh2 vs 1-23, Teachings of Joseph Smith p345, cf Journal of Dis. vol VI p3, Doc& Cov sec 130:22)
Update 6: Would not this person be subject to known scripture? Would not a re-write on who Jesus Christ is subject this person to being a false prophet?
Update 7: @sen mccain...I agree, "why would he stop"? however, do we ignor tests for prophets, or teachers, or pastors? If I taught my students that Abraham Lincoln was the 1st president, and all the other guys before we dont have anything to do with them, would that be honest? LDS recognises other gods before... show more @sen mccain...I agree, "why would he stop"? however, do we ignor tests for prophets, or teachers, or pastors? If I taught my students that Abraham Lincoln was the 1st president, and all the other guys before we dont have anything to do with them, would that be honest? LDS recognises other gods before Adam, but does not have anything to do with them, ...same comparison, is it not?