lacee r asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 decade ago

I need to find the perfect cruise...?

Our senior class is hoping to go on a cruise for our senior trip I need to try to find a cruise that ports in Los Angeles, san diego or long beach california and goes anywhere but Mexico please i need help it doesn't matter the amount of days or the cost

Update:

i forgot one even san francisco or any other ports in california

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are under 21 you will not be able to sail on most lines. You will want to visit the websites and review their policies. If you take the cruise with guardians, the guardian assumes responsibility for the minors--this is a big deal-one that should not be taken lightly.

If your parents wish to go with you, it becomes a much easier arrangement.

I am asked this question often and most youth groups do not sail. It requires adult participation and the youths do not want adults on the ship with them. I have done a few youth groups and they did have a great time--but they took a few parents that were willing to assume the responsibility of the minors in their cabins.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Next year Princess has a cruise they call the coastal cruise. It is a round trip from San Francisco, 7 days and visits Santa Barbara, LA, San Diego, and Ensenada. I know you said no Mexico, but foreign registered ships are required to go to a foreign port(see the Jones act) before returning back to the USA. The ONLY ship that is NOT foreign registered is called The Pride of America. It stays in Hawaii and circles the islands only. But, the good news is you do not need a passport for the cruise I mentioned. Only have to be a citizen of the USA and have a birth certificate for each person. This is called a closed loop cruise which is any cruise that starts and ends from the same U.S. port. So, I think this cruise would be perfect for all of you. You can contact any travel agent for any more questions you may have and they do not charge for these services. I think that may be the best way to go for you. Plus a travel agent can get you a great discount because of the possibility of the whole senior class going, plus chaperone's.

• AJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well since it sounds like you all are around 18 yo. The only cruise line that will let you and your class to travel without an adult in each room is Disney. However, Disney is quite a bit more expensive.

Now Disney only has 2 ports on the Pacific Ocean, LA and Vancouver. LA will only have cruises for the months of Jan thru Apr of 2011.

You're only option is a 7 day cruise down to mexico. Price per person starts at over $800

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If the ship is west-bound or south-bound you WILL be stopping at a Mexican port -- probably Ensenada -- due to the Jones Act, which is a federal law requiring all passenger ships that are not US-flagged and depart US ports to make at least one stop at a non-US port. US-flagged ships are not required to stop at a foreign port, but the one ship that meets that criteria does not sail from the US west coast. Ships departing from the US west coast almost all stop at Ensenada, and others stop at Acapulco. North-bound ships stop in Canada.

I suggest you meet with a travel agent in your area who books a lot of cruises. It will cost nothing to do that, and you will certainly benefit from a travel agent's assistance! There are some major issues involved, such as age requirements, reserving blocks of cabins, and negotiating group discount rates. A travel agent will also be able to provide realistic price information, which will be important for budgeting and fund-raising -- in addition to the price of the cruise, there are issues about tips, excursions, travel to and from the ship, etc.

Source(s): frequent travel
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joni
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Princess has a 14 day round trip to Hawaii for $2100 per person

You do realize that each stateroom must have an adult 25 or older.

• Eddi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Here are the cruises I found. They are affordable. None leaves sooner than next year from what I can see. There are other ones too later.

4-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

ms Zaandam

2011 Departures:

Apr: 20

Ports of Call:

San Diego, California - At Sea - At Sea - Victoria, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia

------------------------------------------------

5-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

ms Westerdam

2011 Departures:

May: 1

Ports of Call:

San Diego, California - At Sea - At Sea - Astoria, Oregon - Victoria, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia

-------------------------

7-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

Norwegian Pearl

2011 Departures:

May: 1

Ports of Call:

Los Angeles, California - At Sea - San Francisco, California - At Sea - Astoria, Oregon - Victoria, British Columbia - Nanaimo, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia

--------------------

10-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

Celebrity Millennium

2011 Departures:

May: 3

Ports of Call:

San Diego, California - Avalon, California - At Sea - San Francisco, California - San Francisco, California - At Sea - Astoria, Oregon - At Sea - Seattle, Washington - Victoria, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia

------------------------------------------------------

4-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

ms Oosterdam

2011 Departures:

May: 3

Ports of Call:

San Diego, California - At Sea - At Sea - Victoria, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia

------------------------------------

3-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

ms Amsterdam

2011 Departures:

May: 9

Ports of Call:

San Diego, California - At Sea - At Sea - Vancouver, British Columbia

-------------------

7-night Pacific Coastal Cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver

Cruise Ship:

Sapphire Princess

2011 Departures:

2012 Departures:

May: 7

May: 12

Ports of Call:

Los Angeles, California - Santa Barbara, California - San Francisco, California - At Sea - Astoria, Oregon - Seattle, Washington - Victoria, British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia

Source(s): www.expedia.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.