Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

How long does it take to put in contacts quickly?

I just got my contacts yesterday. It took me about an hour to put them in this morning (counting the 15 minutes it took to find my contact after I dropped). School starts in 2 weeks and I have a sleepover to go to next week and I want to be able to put my contacts in quickly, like people who have contacts for many years can do.

I mean how many days of putting in the contacts.

Favorite Answer

It depends on the person, some people learn to put them in quickly right away while others it takes a bit longer to learn. All you can really do is keep putting them in everyday and it'll become easier the more you do it. When I first got my contacts it took me a long time to put them in too, but after about a week I was able to put them in and take them out pretty quickly. Even now, I have gone 8 years without wearing contacts and just got them again the other day, even though it's been many years since I have worn them, I can still take them out and put them in, in less than 30 seconds per eye.

So it's kind of like learning to ride a bike for the first time, once you get over that learning curve it almost becomes second nature to you. So don't try to rush yourself, just take your time and you'll get the hang of it.

Also here is a tip that helped me when I first got contacts. When you're putting them in don't look at the contact and don't put it right over your iris. Instead look up, place the contact into your eye, even if it isn't over the iris, then blink. The contact should slide right into place by itself when you blink. Personally I feel like putting them in this way is alot easier and doesn't quite trigger your reflex to blink when you're trying to put them in. So you might want to try this and see if it helps, if you aren't already putting them in this way. Also if you drop the contact make sure you always rinse it well with your cleaning solution before trying to put it back into your eye. Good luck!

It will take a while... unless you are a very fast learner and don't mind touching your eyes. I would say that by the time school starts, you should be down to about 15 minutes?? Possibly less, but you can practice more if you really want to be ready for your sleepover and school. It didn't take too long for me to get faster, now I can put them in in about 1 to 2 minutes. I really hope this helped and good luck.

I have been using contacts for about two years now, it take me less then 30 seconds to put them in. It takes a little practice if you're new to it. Be careful if you're dropping them on the ground, getting dust or dirt on them can scratch your eyes in you put them in without washing them. There is no set date but just understand what you're doing and its going take a little practice and you'll be a pro in no time! Best of luck!

• lo

It didn't take me long at all to become quick. It takes me like 30 seconds per eye to wash them and everything. It probably took me like a week or 2 to get to that point but each day it becomes faster and it shouldn't take you more than like 5 minutes after you know how. And if you drop it you shouldn't put it back in your eye even if you wash it.

• Kris

I can do it in less than 1 minute

Source(s): experience 8)

I have color lenses. It takes me 5 minutes.