Why is it wrong to be anti-adoption when you have been approached at least a half a dozen times to place?

your child or infant for adoption by strangers in stores and asked by a delivery nurse with your second child? I guess I would view adoption differently if I wasn't approached to place my children for adoption by random people. Maybe I would feel how I did when I was pro-life that adoption is a great... show more your child or infant for adoption by strangers in stores and asked by a delivery nurse with your second child?

I guess I would view adoption differently if I wasn't approached to place my children for adoption by random people. Maybe I would feel how I did when I was pro-life that adoption is a great alternative to abortion. I AM pro-choice now and been so for some time now maybe 2 years.

Why is being anti-adoption a bad thing? Why would I support something that is about separating children from their families so somebody else can be a parent? I support adoption for children that HAVE been abused or orphaned.

Why is it bad to want adoption reform and want laws in place that it should be illegal to approach a pregnant woman or a woman with small children and ask to adopt their children? Why is it wrong to want adoptees to have the OBC and get an adoption certificate?
Update: Pip great answer, the way adoption is practiced currently their is a dark side. I've seen recently a lot f questions referring to those against adoption as it is practiced now as being anti-adoption. If they want to label me fine, I am a person but I do have beliefs that differ from others. 7rin I completely... show more Pip great answer, the way adoption is practiced currently their is a dark side. I've seen recently a lot f questions referring to those against adoption as it is practiced now as being anti-adoption. If they want to label me fine, I am a person but I do have beliefs that differ from others.

7rin I completely agree with what you said.

Linda, I agree with what you are saying but Kitta is right their are those that are pro-reform that if you consider adoption and sign an adoption plan then you can not change your mind. That once you place for adoption then is no time to change your mind.

Teresa the adoptions you describe all sound ethical. Why I do think the parents of the medically fragil parents should have tried to learn how to care for their child if they were unwilling then adoption was the best answer. Why I do understand wanting children to have a childhood, even parents that work can spend the weekends taking their kids to the zoo, park, or chuckie cheese.
Update 2: Carol I agree we need to start with the reasons why women relinquish. Have easy access to information and resources for women to parent their children, encourage laws to protect father's rights to their children, have women admit who the father or fathers might be. Preserve the family and start with reform... show more Carol I agree we need to start with the reasons why women relinquish. Have easy access to information and resources for women to parent their children, encourage laws to protect father's rights to their children, have women admit who the father or fathers might be. Preserve the family and start with reform there. Great answer.

Ferbs I agree with you.

Tish I agree with you, I actually had them ask if I would consider adoption at Sav-a-Center grocery store in Metairie LA by a woman in her 40s and a few weeks later a woman in her 50s both have never had children it was back in 2005 with my beautiful hazel eyes, blonde hair daughter. My son I was asked at birth if I would like to place him for adoption in McKinney TX, when he was a few weeks old I was asked if I was considering adoption by a hopeful adoptive parent in Walmart Plano, TX. And Again when he was 3 months old I had a woman in her 40s ask to adopt my chunky monkey as her children were all leaving home heading to college.
Update 3: My youngest I was approached about adopting her out at church. The husband approach me and said they had been struggling with infertility for 10 years and really wanted a baby. A few months later when I was arguing with my husband and had told another church member he popped up again stating that he would love to... show more My youngest I was approached about adopting her out at church. The husband approach me and said they had been struggling with infertility for 10 years and really wanted a baby. A few months later when I was arguing with my husband and had told another church member he popped up again stating that he would love to adopt. I asked him why didn't he go to an adoption agency and he stated he had a crimal record. After my daughter was born when she was several months old somebody came up to me stating how young I was and if I could handle having so many children, that I might want to consider adoption. About 2 months ago when I was shopping at a thrift store I was told that if I didn't want to parent my 5 year old and 18 month old that i would love to adopt them and raise them as my own. That my 5 year old is so sweet and they are such beautiful children and so well behaved.
Update 4: Random Chick, I am not a bad parent. I showed her an abortin clip that had a plastic womb and a suction tube as she was curious what an abortion was. She also knows that people aren't suppose to touch her private parts, and that she is not suppose to go home with strangers. She also knows how to write all her... show more Random Chick, I am not a bad parent. I showed her an abortin clip that had a plastic womb and a suction tube as she was curious what an abortion was. She also knows that people aren't suppose to touch her private parts, and that she is not suppose to go home with strangers. She also knows how to write all her abcs and 123s. She knows her colors and shapes. She knows her please and thank yous. I am always told how well behaved my children are. They live in a clean environment, they are clean, they are fed, they have a roof over their heads, they are loved, they have clothes on their backs. We have family zoo passes, go to chuckie cheeses, and go to parks. Yes I treat my children as minature adults that will grow up to be adults, not children. I answer their questions and teach them what they want to learn. I am nothing like my parents, my kids don't drink wine coolers, or watch porn, they have parents that are home every night. My children are watched and taken care of.