Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What percent of books are made into movies?

Best Answer

I don't really think there is any answer, but I'll at least give you some numbers.

IMDB lists there as being 41,392 things based off books. Granted, I don't know when that list was last updated, and that some of those on that list are T.V. series.

According to Ask Meta Filter, the U.S. Census claimed 2.334 million books were published just between 1880 and 1998.

Just between those numbers you get 1.77343% of books being turned into movies (or series). As IMDB is also listing TV series (and I would guess is up to date or very near it) and Meta Filter is only listing books published in an 18 year span we can at least say the real percentage of books turned movies is less than 1.77343%.

Sorry I couldn't come across an exact number for you.

normally i watch a lot of tv set but i really do love a good book if i get into the publication i wont said down and i really like that i get to use my imagination a lot more than with a tv

So far as books which have movies, the literature aren't limited to a set timeframe and so can get into far more depth then a feature size movie could. Sometimes movies wrap up very different from the book

why are all the answers so dull and short these days?