How do wireless lan drivers affect network performance?

Recently my netbook has been unable to connect to my router form my bedroom and im just wondering if updating the drivers, which i havent done since swithcing to windows 7, would help to improve range/efficiency...the router works great with all my other stuff its just the netbook that has a problem

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

You could update the drivers and firmware to solve the issue, yes. These are two common reasons network adapters cannot connect to routers. Over time firmware becomes outdated and may prevent any connections if a firmware mismatch becomes present. It's always a good idea to keep the firmware and drivers of your adapters and routers up to date at all times.

Give it a shot, you'll likely be surprised at not only the connection issue being resolved but also the speed of your connection (if the firmware was superbly outdated).

If you are using an internal wireless adapter to connect to your router and updating drivers and firmware does not help, uninstall your wireless adapter from the Device Manager utility and restart your computer. It should be automatically detected, reinstalled and will likely work.

that's the solution most likely or the hardware is not compatible with your os