Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What Christian religion believes that animals will go to heaven?

just asking because I want to learn more about God and the Bible as well as find a church but I will not belong to a religion if it tells me my pets will not go to heaven. Thanks!!

Best Answer

The Bible does not give any explicit teaching on whether pets/animals have “souls” or whether pets/animals will be in heaven. However, we can use general biblical principles to develop some clarity on the subject. The Bible states that both man (Genesis 2:7) and animals (Genesis 1:30; 6:17; 7:15, 22) have the breath of life. The primary difference between human beings and animals is that humanity is made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27), while animals are not. Being made in the image and likeness of God means that human beings are like God, capable of spirituality, with mind, emotion, and will, and they have a part of their being that continues after death. If pets/animals do have a “soul” or immaterial aspect, it must therefore be of a different and lesser “quality.” This difference possibly means that pet/animal “souls” do not continue in existence after death.

Another factor to consider is that animals are a part of God’s creative process in Genesis. God created the animals and said they were good (Genesis 1:25). Therefore, there is no reason why there could not be animals on the new earth (Revelation 21:1). There will most definitely be animals during the millennial kingdom (Isaiah 11:6; 65:25). It is impossible to say definitively whether some of these animals might be the pets we had while here on earth. We do know that God is just and that when we get to heaven we will find ourselves in complete agreement with His decision on this issue, whatever it may be.

I do not know of any particular denomination for sure, but I think Seventh Day Adventists believe this. However: I have heard it said from a couple of reliable sources that there are animals in heaven, as both of these people have been taken to heaven in the Spirit and have seen "cats and dogs running around", The Bible does not say anything about pets in heaven although it does mention horses for sure. Of course just because it does not mention pets in heaven, does not make it true or untrue. If you want to believe your pets have or will go to heaven, I think that is o.k. and nothing wrong with thinking that. The main thing is for us to focus on what Jesus Christ has done for us and that He has made salvation possible for us just by believing and calling upon the name of the Lord. It is far more important to go after the lost so that they can go to heaven than it s spending time wondering if our beloved pets will walk the golden streets with us.

It's up to the individual if they want to believe it because most people who love their pets as though they were a part of the family believe the pets go to heaven just because they want to. But there is nothing in the Bible that tells us this is so. Pets didn't have to make the decision to trust in the Lord, and they won't go to hell either for any reason. They simply die. There are animals in heaven but they are the ones who were created there. Angels don't have to transport all the animals to heaven. That's not their job. Their job is to minister to those who will receive salvation.

Do you believe that your pet has an idea of right and wrong? It does not ponder whether it will go to heaven. God loves all animals and provide for them. Do you think God does not care for the most innocent creatures in the world but only cares about the destructive, cruel, and sinful creatures called humans?

All of the Christians believe animals go to heaven if the deny they ain't Christian. GOD made the animals and they will always come to him because they are innocent and not able to make decisions like us as human.

Source(s): So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

I don't know it they believe animals go to heaven but both Catholics such as St. Francis of Assisi and Episcopalians love and honor animals.

That said, it is obvious that animals have so much soul that Heaven would be barren and empty without them.

all animals to include all living creations when they die come back to heaven on a daily bases to be seperated by species and counted,then that same number is put into the wombs of the animals on earth ,yes i was calling you to church my love,i hope to see you in mass on sunday to celebrate a communion and eucharist with me,then i hope you get with one of my priests to put together a faith formation class with you.,hears a blessing,a prayer and a our father said just for you,practice the holy rosary,practice makes perfect,we love you all,the holy family.

Source(s): jesus christ

11:25 For thou lovest all things that are, and hatest none of the things which thou hast made: for thou didst not appoint, or make any thing hating it.

11:26 And how could any thing endure, if thou wouldst not? or be preserved, if not called by thee.

11:27 But thou sparest all: because they are thine, O Lord, who lovest souls.

The Book of Wisdom

Trust in The Lord, I'm confident He loves pets too.

Source(s): crazy Catholic

Christianity is a religion - catholic, baptist, etc, are denominations of christianity.