Is it possible to do drugs, yet still be successful in school?

Drugs like Weed, acid, LSD.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Honestly, why don't you go ask my mom that?

Any type of drugs kill thousands of brain cells every second. My mom tried weed to relax her. The person giving her weed offered her Rx pills and cocaine. When she wanted more, he offered her heroine and meth. My mother became an addict to drugs, and I was starved, beaten, and told every day how much my own mother hated me. I was raised around drug dealers and rapists and spent 2 weeks of my life in a homeless shelter. My mom never meant for it to become an addiction, but it did. And you can't focus or do things when you're on drugs. My mom literally left me to raise myself, because she was an addict. I was forced to sniff cocaine twice at age 9 by my mom's "friends." I have spent my ENTIRE life trying to escape drugs and dealers. And I don't care what anyone here says, you can't be successful on drugs. Sooner or later, the drugs or the people giving them to you will become more important than school work and you may not fail, but your grades WILL slip. After being FORCED to do drugs, I will never do them willingly, ever. The people who do them are pathetic. If you honestly can't find another way to have fun.... then you need friends and a life. I am in all advanced classes and will have 50% of my college classes completed before I even graduate. I have 2-4 hours of homework a night and the average high school student has 2. Tell me that you could honestly focus on school work when you're thinking about how high you're going to get in just a few hours. Drugs RUIN lives, I've seen it a million times. Harmless fun is never as harmless as it seems and I know that first hand. Drugs won't get you into college. Drugs won't make friends for you and the kind that they do, you DON'T need. Drugs won't do anything good for you at all, but give your a temporary solution to a permanant problem.

If you can try less effective drugs such as weed and acid, what makes you think you won't do a bigger, more addictive one in the future?

of course, sucess and whether drugs interfer w/ it are a matter of how responsible someone is....drugs can mess up ur life, become addicted, fry ur brain, accidently kill someone while under influence, go to jail for possession etc...so often are not trusted w/ the vast majority of people and thus illegal, but if u'r responsible then they're not gonna be harmful...however, realize that with some drugs it is impossible to take them and be a responsible person, examples heroin and crystal meth..you should be aware of what effects any substance legal or not, can have on ur body before u take any, for example I would never take ectsacy because it can create holes in u'r brain,..it does this if u become dehydrated, u might feel safe knowing u'r responsible enough to stay hydrated, but anything that has that potential isn't worth the risk, but it's up to you how u want to live ur life, just don't be responsible for preventing others for living there's example, drunk driving, you should remember alcohol is a drug, just because it is legal doesn't make it any less or more safe of a drug, and because of it's legality, u and everyone else knows people who are successful inspite of using this drug...alcohol is a dangerous drug responsible for many death, drunk driving, and liver disease,..and when people become seriously addicted people are more likely to die from withdrawal than any other drug,

watch intervention if u want to learn about drugs and learn which ones to def stay away from

weed and lsd are safe if u use ocassionally, don;t operate heavy machinery while using, don't get thrown in jail for,...doing it often isn't really harmful to your body, but it's not likely going to lead to a healthy happy succcessful productive life/career either unless ur ambition is to be a hippy and own a head shop or something...also weed makes u stupid, it accumulates in ur fat, thus making u stoned all the time if u do it often, and preventing u from passing a drug tewst for as much as a month after doing it,...weed works by blocking receptors in ur brain associated w/ learning, so while it's doubtful that it actually causes permamnent damage to u'r brain(tho perhaps it prevents further development) it makes u dumber while u have it in ur system

the most important thing to do is educate urself and make wise decisions, don't just take a pill someone hands u and do drugs simply because they're available

i think of in case you ask your self those questions you're constantly gonna remorseful relating to the flaws you probably did. Your existence is generic, i don't think of taking drugs sometimes is rather undesirable for you. i comprehend a lot of human beings who take ecstacy a pair of times a month and are completely generic to blame human beings. Lsd is rather undesirable for you while taken all the time too, it messes which incorporate your suggestions. Smoking marijuana is'nt stable for you. My pal smokes it frequently and it has became her right into a thoroughly diverse guy or woman. She's paranoid all the time, she's confident herself that everybody is following her and he or she's being stalked. additionally, her lungs are unfavourable and he or she has this hacking cough and her tooth are brown. and he or she's in basic terms 25. that's a unfavourable drug while taken frequently cuz it messes which incorporate your head and it makes the whole outlook on existence diverse. i think of a few drugs are all right to take sometimes(a pair of times a month). i might sometimes take cocaine and ecstacy(possibly as quickly as each 2 or 3 months)and magic mushrooms as quickly as a three hundred and sixty 5 days. yet customary drug use turns you loopy and that i think of marijuana is the worst of all the medicine to be truthful, cuz that's uncomplicated to get hooked and rather turns you right into a stoner. i think of once you're at a party that's ok yet once you're doing it at abode by utilizing your self then you definately've a difficulty.

Your a cop and you think were gonna answer that question?

Well I did graduate and was on drugs when I was in school so I was slowing down and thats about the time that I actually started trying to really learn then I finally graduated 6 yrs later then expected.

of course it is possible. is it possible to be completely straight-edge and fail out of school? yes. if you want to do drugs and stay in school, just be smart about it. you would make the perfect people look like jackasses and it would be tight.

Yeah... Just look at Lindsey Lohan!

depends on what kind and if ur strong enough to not get addicted. i suggest u don't. just drink crap loads of coffee, soda, candy bars like everyone else.

• ?

Yeah

Source(s): I'm high at LEAST twice a week. Got a 3.9 last year.
  • Yes but you would eventually fail if you continued to use drugs.

Indeed