How come some people are so skeptic about extra-terrestrial life?

Like, some people think that even if there were extra-terrestrial life, it would only be some sort of bacteria. Why don't people think that there is a possibility that there is a species like us or maybe even more advanced? if they believe that we evolved, (i'm not so sure about that), why don't they... show more Like, some people think that even if there were extra-terrestrial life, it would only be some sort of bacteria. Why don't people think that there is a possibility that there is a species like us or maybe even more advanced? if they believe that we evolved, (i'm not so sure about that), why don't they think that they can evolve? that would explain a lot of UFO encounters. People also believe that there are no such things as UFO's. (the alien kind). There are some instances that just can't be explained, and some good evidence, videos, and when a whole city sees the same thing. plus, after watching some TV shows about them, they have some pretty good evidence, too. I'm not saying i believe in them, but you have to wonder if it was one.
17 answers 17