So, as far as rappers/producers goes, it's: Aesop Rock > El-P > MF Doom > Kanye West > RZA?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Based on Rapping ability it would be something like

MF DOOM > Aesop Rock > RZA > El-P > Kanye West

Of the group, DOOM's got the most consistently tight flow with the best wordplay, followed quite closely by Aesop Rock (a few inconsistencies here and there). RZA flow is phenomenal at it's best and great at it's worst, while El-P suffers from IDK what when it comes to his flow. Lastly, Kanye is only on this list because, aside from his highly derivative work, he's a solid producer that rapped once or twice.

in terms of Production it's gotta be

RZA >>> El-P > MF DOOM > Aesop Rock > Kanye

RZA is KING when it comes to production. Hands down untouchable. He's often imitated (especially by Kanye) but is never EVER duplicated. Look at the work he's done on 36 Chambers in his basement using his TV for monitors. Look at the Ghost Dog, Afro Samurai, and Kill Bill soundtracks. Look at how his beats are ALWAYS distinct.

El-P, while his execution is usually spot on, isn't quite as spot on as RZA.

MF DOOM is creative as all everything, thereby earning him a spot ahead of Aesop Rock and Kanye.

Aesop Rock is nothing special when it comes to production, but at least his work carries his signature, which is more than I can say for Kanye.

Kanye is highly derivative and substance-free. He produces bland beats for the masses where the others excel and have flavor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As far as producing? No. Aesop doesn't do a ton of producing, although he's probably better lyrically than the rest.

Producing: RZA > Kanye > El-P > Doom > Aesop

Lyrics/Overall material: Aesop > Doom > El-P > RZA > Kanye

• 1 decade ago

RZA> All the rest

• kanye before RZA? you gotta be ishtitn me......

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Lord Finesse?!?!

KRS-One?!?!

Q-Tip?!?!

Diamond D?!?!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lololol nooo

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As far as this question goes, it's retarded.

• 1 decade ago

Havoc > All of them.

Source(s): LOL @ Doom > Kanye.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

is this a question??

• 1 decade ago

Please let me help you out with some cool rap songs. Im From San Francisco I have all the chillest underground rap that will have you blown away. check out a few of these Bay Area West Coast Underground Rappers and I gurantee you will love their music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfeO5D5Ab

Youtube thumbnail

… ------- Not My Job - Mac Dre --------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDhQf-jV4

Youtube thumbnail

… >>----- Bammer Weed - RBL Posse --------<<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9iTcDK4

Youtube thumbnail

… -------- Jungle - Andre NIckatina & Equipto --------

These are each some of these artists greatests songs, you will like every single one, check them out. SERIOUSLY>>!!!!!!

if you like these songs email me I can send a lot more McCauleyMax@yahoo.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.