Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 10 years ago

Why does Glenn Beck agree with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf?

the video is not blocked. I just watched it.

If you cannot for some reason, watch a rerun of Jon Stewart's Daily Show from 8/16/10

(four minutes in at: ) http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/mon-augu...

Favorite Answer

Gee, nice link it is blocked by Viacom for copyright infringement.

I rarely listen to Beck so I can not give you an answer.

I notice that people are giving you answers, this ought to prove that the liberals do not bother to look at supporting data, something I have suspected for quite a number of years.

Update

May not be blocked for you but this is the message I get

"This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. "

I'll try your other link..

Update #2

Well, after viewing the video in your second link, thanks for posting it. I now see why Beck was agreeing with Feisal. I don't really agree with Beck's view but he seems to agree that the US was in areas that we did not belong.

The statements from Beck were rather brief and did not allow Beck to give an explanation.

Now if we go back in time, the US had been pretty critical of Iraq, Iran and many of the other Middle Eastern countries. I can not even remember how many UN resolutions were passed against Iraq but I have long suspected that these resolutions were part of the reasons that the terrorists attacked us. For clarification, I am not convinced that Iraq itself had anything to do with the attack but the terrorists used this as part of the reasoning for doing so.

To bad that I was not able to hear Beck's full dialog, I would have done my own research to see if he was telling the whole truth or if there was more or less to the story.

I also do not know the timing of Becks first remarks on Feisal's book compared to when he made the statement regarding US actions.

It could be that he originally thought that Feisal was wrong and then did some research and found that there was more truth to his book than he had realized.

The video IS blocked...

"This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Stewart is a political satirist, somehiow I doubt the video is 100% accurate.

Actually, it sounds like stewart agrees with him... as for beck, the context of his entire episode would be revealing... such as where he stated all of that doesn't excuse the 911 attack.... and the imam implies it does... there is a big difference.

No idea what you are talking about!

They are both conservatives...