Marquee Weddings...things to think about?

I am considering having a marquee in a field for our wedding, and I'm just looking for a bit of advice... I love the idea of having a marquee with loads of bunting and DIY decorations and a BBQ with a real laidback feel to it - I feel this would suit me and my fiance a lot more than a posh venue with expensive... show more I am considering having a marquee in a field for our wedding, and I'm just looking for a bit of advice... I love the idea of having a marquee with loads of bunting and DIY decorations and a BBQ with a real laidback feel to it - I feel this would suit me and my fiance a lot more than a posh venue with expensive flowers and a sit down meal. We are lucky enough to have a family friend who has a gorgeous house out in the country with a field that she owns at the back of her house, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to put up a marquee there, the views are stunning!

I'm just not sure what I need to think about and if it would really work out all that cheaper than a venue by the time we've factored in the costs of hiring the marquee, toilets, generators to give us power etc etc. Also, given our unpredictable British weather I'm also scared it will bucket it down and be miserable (although it will be August).

Has anyone had a marquee wedding, and how did you overcome any problems such as licenses to have alcohol, electricity, weather etc? And did it work out cheaper doing it this way?

Cheers =)