Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 10 years ago

my gainsborough 8.5 DSL shower suddenly only gives out extremely hot or cold water. any ideas please?

ive had the shower unit about 2 years and it was fitted by a qualified electrician. i can also hear a click when i move the water temperature dial which might be an automatic safety mechanism kicking in but ive no experience of showers and dont know if its the thermostat and whether its just a part that needs changing or a new shower completely is whats necessary. any ideas? thanks

Favorite Answer

Hi there.

I have fitted a few Gainsborough showers in my time and have come across this fault before.

What you need to do is to replace the two micro-switches and the side thermostat. The thermostat is not clicking on and off as it should. After a few thousand click, they either permanently go open or closed circuit. This thermostat is easy to change and is cheap to by from any electrical supplier in the UK. I say change the micro-switches because they will have been switching high currents and will have well worn and possibly burned contacts by now. Actually, you could call Gainsborough and they will send you the parts.

Stay clean.

XX

• ousley

Gainsborough Shower Faults

Hello so you bought a gainsborough shower WHY ? load of rubbish typical diy shed fitting, best thing is to throw it in the bin and buy a decent make ,

Source(s): Plumber

I have had a Gainsborough shower which I bought ten years ago and it still works perfectly.