Do u feel like WWE creating so many bad PPVs this year on purpose?

Royal Rumble = One of the worst Royal Rumble PPV of all time. The only good match is Taker vs Rey. The royal rumble match itself is perhaps the worst executed with CM Punk preaching for 10 minutes, Khali being eliminated by a woman, and Edge's predictable return and victory.

Elimination Chamber = Nothing to write home about. The only good match, just like last year, was Smackdown! Elimination chamber with HBK costing The Undertaker his WHC as its highlight.

Wrestlemania 26 = The only match worth watching, like Hulk Hogan & Stone Cold stated, is the main event. The rest of card is crap, the commentary is horrible, the divas match was an insult, Edge vs Y2J failed to meet the expectation, Batista vs Cena failed to eclipse Austin vs Rock, and Bret vs Vince turns out to be the second worst Wrestlemania match ever right after Lesnar vs Goldberg. No wonder the buyrate dropped again.

Extreme Rules = If duct tape was the most extreme thing WWE could over, then this PPV fell flat on its face cause it failed to even halfway touch its own name.

Over The Limit = Matt Bishop derided the show, calling it "one of the worst WWE pay-per-view events in a long time". And I agree with him.

Fatal 4-Way = One of the worst PPV ever held, nuff said. The buyrate is second lowest after 2006 December To Dismember.

Money In The Bank = Perhaps WWE's best PPV this year. I'll give that much. But only 1 out of 8? Pathetic.

Summerslam = The Sun's Rob McNichol said the event 'failed to deliver in the ring, leaving us feeling lukewarm at best.' He also stated that Daniel Bryan's return and the high-quality main event saved the PPV because of the first 2-and-a-bit hours. Summing up, he gave the event a 5.5 out of 10. Lower than the 8/10 from last years event. One of the worst Summerslam of all time. Predictable ending and DQ finishes ruined the PPV. It's up there with Summerslam 1995 & 2003 as the worst Summerslam ever.

If it continues like this, I won't be surprised if Wrestlemania 27 next year got a low buyrate, no sold out crowd much like the last two Wrestlemanias, and gives Wrestlemania 2, 9, and 11 a run for their money as the worst Wrestlemania ever.

@Mayank: I read it on wrestlezone.com not long after Wrestlemania 26 has ended. Go check it on the site, maybe u'll find it.

Favorite Answer

Well, not on purpose. Thats the stupidous move ever. No. Besides Wrestlemania, I noticed that all PPVs focuses on storyline purposes and not match quality. Most PPV matches are either short, DQs or interferences. However, I've heard most of it was to stall time, such as Takers and HHH's return (only reason I think Sheamus is still champ). I mean, they did take a huge blow when HBK left. In the Royal Rumble, he was only in the Rumble, and at EC, he was under the ring. If I could, I would dub HBK as Mr. Pay Per View. Just saying. I was absolutely disappointed with Summerslam, as it put way too much focus on the Taker storyline and Nexus vs WWE. That ruined it for me. For some reason, it seems like when Miz won the US title and MITB, he seems to be in less matches then ever. What the hell?!!

The one thing that disappoints me the most is the number of matches they put on cards. Summerslam, EC, and the Royal Rumble only had like 6 matches on their cards. That, to me, is disappointing, especially with Summerslam and the Royal Rumble being one of the Big Fours. The rest had 8 with Wrestlemania having 10. Thats like 3 Raw and 3 Smackdown matches. They might as well go back to have a Smackdown PPV and then a Raw PPV. And they don't have non-title grudge matches anymore. The entire PPV only covers at least 1/2 of the official roster, when they easily could add tag matches, Miz defending his title, hell, even a #1 contendership match. They don't do that any more. Hell, even an NXT battle royal would be worth something. They are too focus on their storylines, they they need to put in better matches.

I agree with everything you said on each of the PPVs, except, as bad as Over the Limit was, lets remember that the injury rate that night was high. It was still bad, but not the purpose. And just to add another good thing from those PPVs, CM Punk vs Rey was pretty good. I feel that feud or set of matches is underrated because of the crappy PPVs.

I've ordered every ppv this year but Over the limit. I've liked them all honestly. I thought the Royal Rumble was good, Edge's win was no predictable cause all the sites were saying HHH would win. I thought maybe Shawn so he could challenge Taker for the title. Elimination chamber was good. Both chamber matches were good. I like how RAW had no eliminations til everyone was in. I also liked them putting Kofi's head through the cage. WM was good. the divas match was exactly what it was supposed to be. A breather between world title matches. Cena vs Batista was a very good and underrated match. Taker vs Michaels was good too. Extreme Rules, yeah kinda sucked. Worst ppv so far this year, least of the ones I saw. Fatal 4 way was decent. Titles did change hands. Cena didn't win this time. I liked MITB too. Thought the winners were the right guys and liked that Kane cahsed his in that night. And I enjoyed Summer Slam. Granted the first couple matches sucked, the IC title was good til Nexus ruined it but it was a good ppv.

• CB

Royal Rumble: It did fail in terms of who would win as the winner of the match. The last few years have made it all too predictable.

Elimination Chamber: I actually bought this PPV for the ridiculous price of $45. The Raw Elimination Chamber match was nothing special, Sheamus dominated, and to make it worse, Cena won by the STF on Triple H. Then out of nowhere, Batista is somehow able to capture the gold from John Cena after his elimination chamber match. Hmmm... haven't seen that before! The Smackdown Elimination Chamber was a bit better because it came down to Chris Jericho and Undertaker, with the interference by Shawn Michaels.

Wrestlemania 26: Another PPV that I actually bought, and because it's named " WRESTLEMANIA" it cost me an extra $10, making it $55.00. Seriously, How can Vince wonder how he is losing buyrates when he seems to be increasing the price every year? I, like every other fan, had high expectations for many matches like Jericho and Edge that failed to deliver or impress me.

Extreme Rules: Anything BUT Extreme. It should be, " Allowed to use weapons in an appropriate manner rules". Seriously, Duct Tape to winning a last man standing match just destroyed my interest and respect for last man standing matches. Plus, this was around the same time Miz and Big Show were a tag team. They won by DQ. UMMMM HELLLLOOOO?? Extreme Rules? The PPV advertisement specifically stated that there would be no countout or disqualification.

Fatal 4-way; Rey Mysterio as a champion? Alicia Fox? Nexus? I could go on and on about how awful this PPV was, and the worst thing about it was the fact that it went off the air half an hour earlier.

Money in the Bank: I bought this one as well, and I was happy with the product. There were some decent spots in both Money in the Bank matches. I still think Money in the Bank should be exclusive to Wrestlemania, but if people liked it then it will stay. Sheamus vs. John Cena in a steel cage match was nothing special because of Nexus interferring.

Summerslam: This PPV was hyped up to be HOT HOT HOT but it felt like this awful card was thrown at me like a snowball. Nexus continues, Cena wins big to headline Summerslam for no reason, and Undertaker and Daniel Bryan return only to be buried.

Night of Champions: We'll see, but I doubt anything good because of the recent WWE PPV trend.

• Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber & Wrestlemania 26 is probably one of the good ppv but have some mediocore matches like the divas matches but Money In The Bank is the best ppv out of the 7 ppv i rate that ppv 8.0/10.

Over The Limit is one of the worst WWE pay-per-view events in a long time and f4w & Summerslam failed to deliver in the ring, Daniel Bryan's return and the high-quality main event saved the PPV to become one of the worst Summerslam of all time.

Royal Rumble was brutal, when Edge returned he made it 1% better.

Elimination Chamber, no extremeness whatsoever!

WM26, This PPV was brilliant IMO, Chris Jericho vs. Edge meet my expectations but the Diva's match was unacceptable!

Extreme Rules, the ending to Batista vs. John Cena was horrific but the Diva's match was teh best I've seen in a while.

Over The Limit, I stopped watching after 1/2 an hour (luckily i didn't buy the PPV)

Fatal4Way, agreed. How are 3 Fatal 4 Way matches interesting?

MitB, an amazing PPV1

Summerslam, Sheamus vs. Orton was boring and a poor ending. The WHC match was an mediocre match but the Diva's match was a botchfest!

I wouldn't say it is on purpose and I'm sure you're being sarcastic but yeah this was by far one of the worst years for PPV's. I think it has a big thing to do with PG and WWE not wanting to be edgy or unpredictable they want the good guy to win in the end and have a normal ending to a show unlike in years past. Carlito said it best in a recent interview when he said WWE going PG is a smart business move, that is where the money is at, but just because you're PG doesn't mean you have to be lame, you don't have to cover up the girls and you don't have to always let the good guy win and be boring and predictable. It's almost sickening how predictable the WWE is getting. It's like wrestling in general has always been predictable but you still get to a see a great show but now it's like we know no matter what happens the good guy (john cena) will get the unimaginable win at the end.

I don't think that WWE is doing this on purpose, it is just that there booking team is so predictable and cant do anything good, what five star matches do we see at a Pay Per View, besides Shawn Micheals vs The Undertaker, can they book great matches and feuds, I think WWE focuses on storylines way to much, these gimmick PPV don't help either, that's why most people only order the big four.

I think the primary reason for this is the PG era. Due to the PG era, a lot of guys like John Cena are being pushed to Heaven, and its doing injustice to the product because the quality of matches is going down. This was one of the reasons for guys like Kurt Angle to quit the company. Kurt clearly stated that he is leaving the WWE because he doesn't feel like he has anybody good left to wrestle with. He has wrestled Undertaker, he has wrestled Michaels, Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar, now whom will he wrestle with - John Cena? "He's popular but he's not a good wrestler" - Angle said it in as many words, and that if he goes to TNA, there are a lot of talented guys there like Sting, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles with whom he could have good matches.

In my estimation, its primarily the PG era which is causing bad matches, because of guys like Cena at the top. Imagine a guy as talented as Jericho, who was also the superstar of the year 2008 (slammy award), is now being treated as junk and he is reduced to a joke in every episode. Talented guys like CM Punk, Jack Swagger (and even Kane) are losing cleanly to kiddie-heroes like Mysterio. What do you expect from a product like this? Wrestlemania 17 is a thing of the past. We will never see such quality again, I think the last great quality we could've seen was with the Taker/ Michaels feud. After Taker, Kane and HHH are gone, there wouldn't be anything left in the WWE worth watching. I hope they can do some worthwhile Taker/ Punk and Taker/ Swagger feuds before Taker retires because he didn't have long feuds with them and they can put good matches together. Punk couldn't do it last year due to the feud being short-lived and due to Taker not being a 100% as he was still healing from injuries.

BTW, where did Hogan and Austin state that the main event of Mania 26 was the only one worth watching? Could you send the links - those would be interviews worth watching.

Hopefully Vince will see what impact PG Rating is giving the WWE. I guarantee if it went TV-14 with more edgier storylines and such people would actually be interested in the PPV. Wrestlemania 27 has a 70% chance that it will be the worst ever.

How many times do I have to say this: It's not PG that's making the WWE suck. It was PG during the Hogan era, and it was PG up until Steve Austin came in, and other than the stale New Generation era, the original PG era was pretty good to great, and even the New Generation era was underrated because it did give us the Bret vs. HBK Ironman. It's not PG that's the problem it;s bad booking, bad storylines, and overly scripting the product. RAW is to the point now that I can barely even watch it anymore because it's so overly scripted and boring.