Would Omaha be a good location for an airline hub city?

I was thinking that since it is basically in the middle of the country, it would be a perfect hub location for an airline. The airport would need major expansion, but it would still be a perfect hub location. Think about how easy access would be to cities across the country. It's not too far from any city by... show more I was thinking that since it is basically in the middle of the country, it would be a perfect hub location for an airline. The airport would need major expansion, but it would still be a perfect hub location. Think about how easy access would be to cities across the country. It's not too far from any city by plane since it's in the middle of the country? Do you agree with me?
Update: Omaha doesn't have a large enough population? 1.2 million people live within 50 miles of the center of Omaha. Plus many people use Omaha's airport to travel to and from Lincoln since Lincoln's airport is only served by United and Delta and the prices are more than Omaha. I wouldn't be surprised... show more Omaha doesn't have a large enough population? 1.2 million people live within 50 miles of the center of Omaha. Plus many people use Omaha's airport to travel to and from Lincoln since Lincoln's airport is only served by United and Delta and the prices are more than Omaha. I wouldn't be surprised if people from The whole Eastern portion of Nebraska used that airport. I imagine people from Kansas City and Des Moines and Sioux City and Council Bluffs use it, too. But like I said, over 1.2 million people live within a 50 mile radius of Omaha. I certainly wouldn't call that a low population.
Update 2: Okay, @dancing_smurf, technically we have 400,000 in the city limits, but 1.2 million in the greater Omaha area. Minneapolis only has like 200 or 300 grand in their city limits, but the surrounding suburbs that are not actually Minneapolis make the population higher. That is how population is figured. Plus Omaha... show more Okay, @dancing_smurf, technically we have 400,000 in the city limits, but 1.2 million in the greater Omaha area. Minneapolis only has like 200 or 300 grand in their city limits, but the surrounding suburbs that are not actually Minneapolis make the population higher. That is how population is figured. Plus Omaha does have have the infrastructure. Two fixed base operators are at the airport and they provide service and whatnot. I'm sure they would love to expand their business. If not, maybe a Lincoln company could expand into Omaha, because LNK is home to a major aircraft service company. Actually, our phone book lists several aircraft service companies. And about the weather? Guess what? 98% of all severe weather we get heads straight for Chicago, so weather should not be an issue. The city has a great economy, too, even through the recent recession, we remained relatively stronger than the rest of the country.
Update 3: No, we are not exactly a tourist destination, but our mayor is working on that. Some day we should be comparable to Kansas City or Minneapolis. Chicago would be a dream but probably is out of the picture.
Update 4: I'm glad you mentioned business travel. We actually have many large companies. Five Fortune 500 companies are headquartered here as well as many Fortune 1000 companies. We have TD Ameritrade, Berkshire Hathaway, First National Bank, Woodmen of the World, Union Pacific, ConAgra Foods, Peter Kiewit and Sons, ... show more I'm glad you mentioned business travel. We actually have many large companies. Five Fortune 500 companies are headquartered here as well as many Fortune 1000 companies. We have TD Ameritrade, Berkshire Hathaway, First National Bank, Woodmen of the World, Union Pacific, ConAgra Foods, Peter Kiewit and Sons, First Data, Mutual of Omaha, West Corporation, Gallup Organization, infoGroup, Werner Enterprises, First Comp insurance, PayPal, LinkedIn, HDR, DLR Group, and Leo A. Daly Co. Pacific Life Insurance also has their regional headquarters here and rumors have been circulating about them even building their own skyscraper downtown to expand. How's that for businesses?