homewithb asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

how often should I wash my dog?

how often do I need to wash my dog

• Jeanne
    Best Answer

Bathing a dog too often can dry out their skin & mess up their fur. I bathe my dogs once a month - about a week before applying their flea, tick, etc. preventative. And when you do bathe your dog do NOT use human shampoo because it will dry their skin too. I use oatmeal dog shampoo & it gives a nice shine to their coats & smells wonderful!

• Pamela

Every 6-8 weeks is good, unless you have a roller. That is a dog that Loves to roll in stinky things.

Brushing daily in between baths.

If it has short hair you can probably wash it every month. If it has lot's of long hair. Once a week. Good luck!:)

Source(s): My Mutt:)

Whenever you want to. Or if it gets really dirty. I rarely wash my dog. Firstly, He hates taking baths and secondly, He rarely gets that dirty. It's natural for a dog to roll around in dirt. Just wash your dog whenever you decide to.

Source(s): I own 2 dogs.

As often as you want to, but never more than once every other week.

Source(s): Mutt

u shuld do it once a month. a dogz skin becomez irratated and bad if u giv them a bath mor than once a month.

At least once a week.

About twice a month in my opinion.

• -Lee

i only wash it once a month they clean there selves!

• At least once a week or once every two weeks