Financial aid, New York State Tuition Assistance Program: What is private pension and annuity income?

I recently received a message from HESC that said:

The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)

has processed your application for the Tuition Assistance Program

(TAP) and/or New York State scholarships. Effective with the 2010-11

academic year, any private pension and annuity income excluded on your

or your parent's New York State tax return will be included in

Taxable New York State Income for the purpose of determining TAP

award eligibility.

If you, your spouse (if applicable) and your parents DID NOT have a

private pension and annuity income exclusion in 2009, no action is

necessary.

How do I confirm that this is not necessary in my case... Or find the form to send in if it is?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at your parent's tax return at lines 16a and 16b. Line 16a shows the total amount of pension or annuity funds received and line 16b shows the taxable amount. If you have numbers on those lines, and they are different, then you might have non-taxable pension and annuity income to report. But, the HESC only asks about private pensions, so you still might not have to report non-taxable pension or annuity income if it comes from a public source. Generally, pensions from military and government employees are considered to be public pensions. Pensions from corporations are considered private.

Source(s): Enrolled Agent, job experience.
  • field
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

using fact too many human beings are ignorant to fact. the subject is that maximum human beings consider you, and think of it is going to end. besides the shown fact that, diverse the unlawful alien supporters are prepared and militant. they are obtainable protesting, crying, screaming, and writing congressmen alongside with figuring out to purchase lobbyests to get what they want. to not point out they have the components of an entire united states on our southern border on their section. we've the numbers, yet maximum human beings are honest those with households who in basic terms don't have the time to address it. they are extra often than not unemployed scoundrels and criminals with not something extra perfect to do, and that they have super households of criminal latinos to assist them. it is our very own laziness to confront the difficulty, and that i worry we are able to easily replace into vocal on it as quickly as we lose each thing we carry costly. They already destroyed California, and function ate up what replaced into as quickly as regarded as countless components there. they are comming next to a state close to you to consume and multiply.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.