World of warcraft real or fake message?

i got this alot of times but i never knew if it was good or not but my account is banned now so what is it?

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Surname

* Date of birth

* Address

* Zip code

* Phone number

* Country

* Account e-mail

* Account name

* Account password

* Secret Question and Answer

Show * Please enter the correct information

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Regards,

Account Administration Team

Blizzard Entertainment

it says i was trying to sell it but i wasn't i dont know how they can even get evidence of it the only thing i did was no log on for 4 months due to problems updating and installing and reinstalling over times due to that.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lmao i cant believe you even asked this. Why would blizzard need our account info? Its only their system yes..? so they can check whenever they need to. :)

• 1 decade ago

Contacting them by phone is the best option, or through the customer service forum.

Honestly there are some ... lets call them unhappy people.... who will tell you to follow the instructions even though they think it's fake. They some how delight in the misery that would come, if your account was stolen.

I don't think Yahoo answers is the best place, if only considering the evil little trolls( and i don't mean the fun race) that inhabit trade chat, to base you actions on. Go to blizzard directly. you won't play for a little longer (because customer service has gotten slow) but will probably alert blizzard to another con.

I've seen it many many time and places " A blizzard employee will never ask for your password." even beyond that with identity theft, that is a lot of your personal information. Never give that out when you aren't the one that initiated contact.

• 1 decade ago

This is a fake email sent by a third party not affiliated with Blizzard. What you're seeing is known as "phishing", where an entity will pose as a particular organisation and steal your personal details from you. Do not reply to the email: contact Blizzard and make them aware of the issue.

For future reference, a company will never ask you to disclose your personal details in an email like that.

• 1 decade ago

Well, from what happened and the sounds of that message, you should have replied sooner because it looks real enough. What was the email address? Actually from that last piece of information, they may have gotten the wrong impression that you were trying to sell your account because you had not logged on. The other thing too is someone could have hacked your account and been trying to use your character, or if you have brothers and sisters they might have tried using your character on a different CPU. I would send a message or call blizzard and see whats up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Blizzard will never ask you for your address, zip code, or account Info (Surprise they already have it).

ANY message that asks you to reply with your account password (they sometimes ask for account name to verify if you were hacked or whatever.) is a scam.

• PC
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

fake. Any time an email asks for your password, you can be pretty sure its a fake. Also, any time it sends you a link that looks close, but not quite right, and asks that you log in, is also a fake

• 1 decade ago

that's a legitimate e-mail, the best thing you can do is contact blizzard customer service and clear this matter up, but some people do try to scam by selling other people's accounts on e-bay, i've seen it happen a few times.

Source(s): world of warcraft administator
  • Dr.No
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

blizzard will NEVER ask for your password. therefore, it's fake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.