METHODS AND SUBJECTS
1. A prospective, randomized, controlled trial was conducted in outpatients who
received at least 20 fractions of radiotherapy to the gastrointestinal or head and
neck area at a private Australian radiotherapy facility during a 12-month period.
Full methods of the randomized, controlled trial are described elsewhere (14).
1.The nutrition intervention group received regular and intensive nutrition
counseling by a dietitian using a standard protocol: the ADA MNT protocol for
2. The MNT protocol provides general guidelines covering the time and frequency of dietetics consultations, the type of data to be collected, and
nutrition intervention strategies, and also allows individualization of the
nutrition intervention to meet the specific goals of each patient.
3. Dietetics consultations were conducted within 4 days of starting radiotherapy, weekly for 6 weeks, and then every 2 weeks for the remaining 6 weeks.
Telephone reviews were conducted between the face-toface nutrition counseling sessions.
4.Nutrition resources such as quick and easy snack ideas and high kilocalorie
and protein exchange lists were provided when patients were unable to
meet dietary recommendations (ie, usually after the first few weeks of radiotherapy when side effects were experienced.)
5. The ADA Oncology Nutrition practice group educational handouts were used to help minimize treatment-related side effects (15) when the professional field notes recorded that someone had experienced substantial side effects that negatively impacted eating. Individually tailored sample meal plans and recipe suggestions were also provided when required during the face-to-face interviews.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
3。營養學進行了磋商後 4天開始放療，每週 6週，然後每隔2週，其餘 6個星期。