Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the top Physics and Engineering schools?

Ive asked google and I get mixed results can any1 tell me what the best colleges are for Physics and Engineering

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

According to US News and World Report, a generally-accepted reliable source, the top 10 engineering schools for undergraduate are:

MIT, Stanford, UC-Berkeley, Caltech, Georgia Tech, University of Illionois-Urbana Champaign, University of Michigan- Ann Arbor, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, and Purdue.

Other schools with phenomenal programs include: Texas A&M University, Penn State, Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University, Johns Hopkins University, Northwestern, Ohio State, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, to name a few.

You may also want to consider the schools where a doctorate degree is not offered. The top engineering schools in this category include: Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Harvey-Mudd, Cooper Union, Olin College of Engineering, Bucknell, and Villanova.

The best physics schools by the same source include: MIT, Caltech, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Cornell, University of Chicago, University of Illinois- Urbana Champaign, Columbia University, University of Michigan- Ann Arbor, University of Pennsylvania, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and University of California-Santa Barbara.

Fortunately, as you can see, there is significant overlap between the two lists. Most, however, are tough schools to get into, so if you're in the process of applying or thinking about applying...best of luck.

Also, realize that any lists or sources of "top" schools or "best" schools are subjective in some way. To find a school that is best for you, consider the specific types of engineering/physics that interest you, think about what size of school you might like, look at the professors' research to see what captivates you, etc.

Good luck!

Source(s): US News and World Report; also, currently an engineering/physics university student
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

i became questioning of MIT or comparable places once you pronounced good engineering graduate faculties, yet once you think of school of Minnesota or Maryland is going to be confusing to get into (no longer which ability to offend yet i'm in basic terms no longer conscious of their competitiveness) then i'd attempt calling the admissions workplace or sorting out their internet site for scholar profiles of previous admitted pupils. a three.39 IS a sprint low, yet once you have different aspects on your resume then it could make up for it. i do no longer know how a techniques you're in getting your BA, so in case you have time save working at pulling that up. If no longer, i'd concentration on making your utility the applicable this is and spotlight your different positives. reliable success!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.