? asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

whos better brandon roy or joe johnson+BQ?

who is more underratted and what will be joes johnson and brandon roys stats next year.

Best Answer

joe johnson he is more cluth then brandon roy but b roy is almost just as good.

Joe johnson is more underatted everybody syas he is the most underatted player in the nba.

brandon roy 24ppg 5ast 4reb

joe johson 25ppg 5asst 6reb

Brandon Roy is the better player especially when healthy He is more clutch Joe Johnson has not shown up in the playoffs these past 2 years and his team is definitately a championship caliber team. Brandon Roy is the better pure shooter the better playmaker he has a higher basketball I.Q. Joe Johnson is also a pure jump shooter Brandon Roy can get to the rim better and finish,Also, Roy makes his scoring look so effortless because he doesn't rush up any shots and always takes his time to get a good scoring opportunity. I've seen some good scorers rush up shots sometimes because they think they're the ones that have to score a lot. But Roy doesn't do that. He always takes smart shots.

They are both rated just about right in my opinion they are the 3rd and 4th best SG's in the league in my opinion and you could argue Roy is a top 10 player when healthy.

Brandon Roy stats-25 PPG,5RPG,5APG

Joe Johnson 22PPG,6RPG,3APG

Roy is way better the Joe Johnson Joe is a good player but WAY overpaid. the Dude is getting a contract the size dwade but is half the player he is. Roy is a player who has a very subtle game. kinda like kobe in the sense that he waits for the best time to strike and when he does he puts everybody in awe. Roy is in the top 5 clutch player in the NBA right now. i think he is avg like 8 points in the 4th quater where kobe is like 9 same with lebron. the reason why brandon isnt as popular as those guys is cuz he isnt really flashy and if he does do something that makes the highlight reel its because he had to. case and point is the double cross layup he did on Bosh a couple years back. So i think that roy is going to have a breakout season like wade. and I really do believe that Oden will be up their also with beong top 3 for rebounds and blks.

Roy- 28 6reb 7ast

Joe- 22 4 reb 5ast

Oden- 13 11.5 reb 2.9blks

Brandon Roy is definitely more underrated. People don't realize the kind of potential he has. Joe Johnson has proven himself to be a reliable player, but people have started to doubt him lately after a shaky season and outrageous contract. I think it's a little early to tell who's better because both are moving in different directions. It should be pretty clear about 10 or 20 games into the season

Brandon Roy can do everything Johnson can do and better. He's one of the most underrated players in the NBA. Roy in the 10/11 season if he doesn't get injured: 24 ppg, 6 assists, 4 rebounds. Johnson: 20 ppg, 5 assists, 4 rebounds. They are both really good players but Roy can really light it up.

• Tony

Brandon Roy is the better player hands down. He gets those numbers in a team balanced offense. Joe Johnson gets his numbers by dominating the ball.

Brandon Roy

BQ1: Brandon Roy

BQ2:

Joe Johnson

20.5 PPG

4.5 RPG

5.1 APG

0.1 BPG

1.94 TO

44.3% FG

37.3% 3PT

Brandon Roy

23.1 PPG

4.5 RPG

5.2 APG

0.2 BPG

1.96 TO

47.2% FG

34% 3PT

Joe Johnson....is OVERRATED. He cant do crap. He gets overpaid. It gets me pissed how OVERRATED he is. He CANT hit consisten big shots when his team NEEDS them.

On the other hand (:

Brandon roy is way too underrated. He can hit big shot..he is a good overall player. Better shooter. Better driver. Better passer. He seems more loose while joe johnson is stiff.

Brandon roy will surpass Joe Johnson.

People don't realize the kind of potential he has. Joe Johnson has proven himself to be a reliable player, but people have started to doubt him lately after a shaky season and outrageous contract. I think it's a little early to tell who's better because both are moving in different directions.

Last season the stats were pretty close, Brandon Roy average 21.5 ppg, 0.2 bpg, 0.9 spg, 4.7 apg, 4.4 rpg, 2.0 tpg, and 1.1 3pg.

Joe Johnson averaged 21.3 ppg, 0.1 bpg, 1.1 spg, 4.9 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.9 tpg, and 1.7 3pg last season.

Last season they were almost even. I think Brandon Roy is more underrated since I never hear about him. Next year, think Brandon Roy will do better. He missed a lot of games last year.