How did jesus dying on the cross save us from our sins?

I was born and raised Catholic. Nobody has ever been able to give me a reasonable answer to this question. One of the reasons I know that its all made up. Just curious to see why some of you still believe (not mocking, just really curious why people continue to beleive something that doesnt make sense). How did... show more I was born and raised Catholic. Nobody has ever been able to give me a reasonable answer to this question. One of the reasons I know that its all made up. Just curious to see why some of you still believe (not mocking, just really curious why people continue to beleive something that doesnt make sense). How did him dying save me from my sins? What if Paunchus Piolit (sp?) decided that he was King of the Jews and decided not to kill him, would we all be doomed to hell? And if thats the reason we are saved from our sins, then God obviously sent him down here to get brutally murdered in the first place, which seems odd. Anyway, why did he have to get crucified to save us from our sins? Why couldnt he have ran a foot race? Or wina fishing contest? Seriously, it makes no sense that this dude would have to go through that so my sins can be forgiven. And ive heard all the typical Christian responses before, so you might want to get creative.
Update: Jedi, way to not answer the question. I just asked a rock the same question and its answer was no worse than yours.
Update 2: Nina, the son of god was the perferct sacrafice? Why? That was not an answer. Maybe you need to ask yourself what you are beleiving in and why
Update 3: Enigma, somebody is paying attention! Why is it that I find more non-christians are familiar with the Bible than chirstians? Probably because christians pick and choose what parts they believe in and make up the rest when they cant figure out why it doesnt make sense. STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES PEOPLE - IT DOESNT... show more Enigma, somebody is paying attention! Why is it that I find more non-christians are familiar with the Bible than chirstians? Probably because christians pick and choose what parts they believe in and make up the rest when they cant figure out why it doesnt make sense. STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES PEOPLE - IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE. Saying it was part of "the plan" doesnt make sense either.
Update 4: Dave, if somebody doesnt know how to explain it, guess what, it is made up. You are exactly my point, you just admited it doesnt make sense, yet it didnt stop you from writting 5 paragraphs of bs. "What if pigs could fly?" Well, that would make a lot more sense than god sending himself down to earth to... show more Dave, if somebody doesnt know how to explain it, guess what, it is made up. You are exactly my point, you just admited it doesnt make sense, yet it didnt stop you from writting 5 paragraphs of bs. "What if pigs could fly?" Well, that would make a lot more sense than god sending himself down to earth to get brutally murdered to forgive us of our sins. YOur entire answer makes no sense. Keep believing though.
Update 5: Noolly, that is by far the stupidest reply i have heard from anybody regarding any question i have ever asked anybody about anything."First, you've made up your mind about what you intend to do with the answers you're seeking, by saying "ive heard all the typical Christian responses before, so you... show more Noolly, that is by far the stupidest reply i have heard from anybody regarding any question i have ever asked anybody about anything."First, you've made up your mind about what you intend to do with the answers you're seeking, by saying "ive heard all the typical Christian responses before, so you might want to get creative". This is unintellectual - closing your mind even as you inquire." Are you really that slow? I was born and raised Catholic, for over 20 years. It never made sense, nobody can answer the question. I put 20 years of work into it and your calling me close minded and unintelectual? ahaha. Read what you just wrote.Then, you go on to not even answer my question. Open your eyes and take the scales of you blind sheep. Ever looked at it from a different perspective that you were taught (told)? No, close mided sheeple dont do that. For goodness sakes, you didnt even try to answer the question, you just wrote down the pathetic bs I told you that you probably would. pathetic