When you send an email can you be tracked or traced thru the IP address?

I want to send an email to someone & tell her some stuff that she needs to know but I do not want anyone to know it was me. Point blank there are too many people that will be hurt that are involved. I have a dummy email address that I can send it from but I just want to know how close can someone get to finding out... show more I want to send an email to someone & tell her some stuff that she needs to know but I do not want anyone to know it was me. Point blank there are too many people that will be hurt that are involved. I have a dummy email address that I can send it from but I just want to know how close can someone get to finding out who you are thru your IP? When I search my IP in an IP tracker/tracer it comes up a city that is about 60 miles away... IDK, I am just nervous. Oh & if I go to a library & send the email would they have anyway of knowing it was me? Like if she traced the emails IP could she see that it was sent from the library, contact the library & they look thru surveillance of the time that it was sent & know that it was me? Far fetched huh?