Here's a list of Music artists better than Michael Jackson?

in no particular order

1. The RZA

2. George Clinton

3. James Brown

4. Stevie Wonder

5. Ray Charles

6. Isaac Hayes

7. Carlos Santana

8. Jimi Hendrix

9. John Lennon

10. Miles Davis

11.John Coltrane

12. Louis Armstrong

13. Gladys Knight

14. Marvin Gaye

15. Barry White

16. Pete Rock

17. Grandmaster Flash

18. DJ Kool Herc

19. The Isley Brothers

20. The Commodores

21. Earth Wind And Fire

22. DJ Premier

23. J-Dilla

24. Bob Marley

25. Red Hot Chilli Peppers

26. Pearl Jam

27. AC/DC

28. Doors

29. Metallica

30. Nas

31. Mos Def

33. Talib Kweli

34. Nina Simone

35. Eddie Kendricks

i'll stop there for now...

name some more if you can

• ?
    Best Answer

I agree w/ some of your list.

Janet Jackson

Johnny Cash

Prince

Janis Joplin

Eric Clapton

Elton John

Freddie Mercury

David Bowie

Rod Stewart

The Carpenters

Led Zeppelin

The Who

Cher

Neil Young

The Mamas & The Papas

etc.

Keep thumbing others down because you're too immature to accept other opinions besides Michael Jackson.

• Andrea

This is an unnecessary debate that will NEVER get solved - whats the point in trying to annoy people with it when we all know full well that no matter what anyone else says, its not going to change their opinion? I have complete respect for Madonna but Michael will ALWAYS be my favourite no matter what - I think his shows were more exciting, I think his music is more meaningful and relatable and I think that his voice is gorgeous. And I don't care what anyone else says - if they don't like it they don't have to listen to it. But as much as I have respect for Madonna, Madonna fans should respect MJ fans as well - I agree some people take the MJ thing too far, but on the whole we're not stupid and we understand there are other talented artists out there - people who dislike MJ should respect at least that he was successful for a reason and no matter what anyone says, people won't dislike him because of what a magazine company says or because of how many albums someone else has beaten him by.

I like Nas and Mos Def alot but they are rappers and I don ' t think they are better than MJ . Also Earth , Wind and Fire are my 2nd favorite singing group right after The temptations but they are a group . So I don ' t know if that even qualifies but I LOVE James Brown and Stevie Wonder . The ONLY person on your list who I think is musically better tham Michael Jackson would be Stevie Wonder . Maybe Earth , Wind and Fire too but they are a singing group so I don ' t know .

OK...for you. That's an opinion. I like how you have to say they are better than Michael Jackson, you just added to the fact that he was on a high pedestal of greatest.

SCREW THAT WHOLE LIST MICHAEL JACKSON IS THE KING!!!

edit: And James Brown was Michael's inspiration, so even he thought James Brown was better than him. GO BACK TO THE ANIME SECTION!!!

And alot of people on that list look up to Michael Jackson. Stevie Wonder and James Brown are the only near talents.

Um first of all this isn't a question, secondly what's the point how can 35 artists be better than Michael Jackson? MJ is the king of music deal with it.

• They're all different genres. Michael Jackson was the best at ALL genres. James Brown inspired Michael Jackson.

Great just delete the 35 you have and put in Michael's name . =]

But yes SOME are a lil better than him..

jimi hendrix and michael jackson are the kings!

well...its your opinion but i haven't even heard of some of these people :L michael is the best to me though

you are an ***. hes dead. youre just **** talking to someone who couldnt respond if he wanted. it sounds more like you took all this time just to deny your love for michael jackson. i bet its overwhelming to have such feelings hahaha loser

I agree with a few of those. All the people saying Michael Jackson is the greatest artist of all time obviously have not explored music far enough to even have a legit opinion.