Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 10 years ago

ARE SCI FI CONVENTIONS WORTH THE MONEY?

I'm hoping to attend a sci-fi convention to see my favorite actress. She is doing a lot of sci-fi conventions lately. But I've never been to one of these conventions before so I don't know what to expect.

Are the conventions expensive? Is it worth it to go to a convention just to see one actress? Is it true the celebs really laugh at the fans behind their backs? Is it true the celebs are stuck up? Is it worth standing in line and paying lots of money?

Favorite Answer

I can't speak on behalf of sci-fi cons since I've only attended anime cons so far, but the cost of each individual con really varies. I've seen them go as high as $250 just for a ticket, not to mention traveling there and getting a hotel room (if needed). For the most part, the guests are really cool people who are there to both promote whatever they're doing currently/have done in the past and to just have fun. They're still just people like everyone else, so I'm sure they have their share of bad days and weird experiences at cons. Depending on how much you let yourself enjoy it, I say cons are totally worth the money you invest in them :)

Just a word of warning, generally convention area food is overpriced beyond belief. You're better off bringing your own snacks or walking to the nearest fast food joint for sustenance rather than buy something inside the con itelf.