Improper Backing Citation?

If you are backing out of one parking space and into another, and you bump another vehicle in a different space, can you be issued an improper backing citation? My husband was issued a citation with "what if it was a child?" as his logic for giving the ticket. It doesn't sound right to issue a... show more If you are backing out of one parking space and into another, and you bump another vehicle in a different space, can you be issued an improper backing citation?

My husband was issued a citation with "what if it was a child?" as his logic for giving the ticket. It doesn't sound right to issue a citation based on speculation.
Update: Added from what my husband himself wrote: This is my work. This is where I usually park. Anyone with a motorcycle- all 3 of them- parks over by the bike rack, or up next to the building. UNLESS YOU'RE THIS GUY AND ITS YOUR FIRST DAY. His dept starts at 7am and is located to the FAR LEFT. Ours at 8am and is... show more Added from what my husband himself wrote:

This is my work. This is where I usually park. Anyone with a motorcycle- all 3 of them- parks over by the bike rack, or up next to the building. UNLESS YOU'RE THIS GUY AND ITS YOUR FIRST DAY. His dept starts at 7am and is located to the FAR LEFT. Ours at 8am and is in the CENTER, WHERE THESE SPACES ARE. As I pull in at 7:55, the light from sunrise casts long shadows. I swung into spaces opposite mine (unofficial) to back in. Watched the white truck's front light out my window- my rear window still glazed in condensation. Slowly... *bump* *THUD* CRAP. Adrenaline. I lifted the (apparently) 1300 lb. bike back up. No scrapes. A mirror came off, but didn't shatter at all. Later I found the exact bracket for the mirror online for $20. The guy didn't return to the shop until 4:30. He cried foul that he had been let down by so many people who 'said they would pay' that he wanted an accident report. Sheriff called. I called insurance.
Update 2: Guy finds that rear plate got pushed, damaged fender. Fender also bowed out, and where restrained by silver brackets (below seat), caused slight pucker. COP THEN GUESSTIMATES $1800 DAMAGE AND GIVES ME A TICKET (FOR IMPROPER BACKING) 'CAUSE HE "HAS TO" WHEN MORE THAN $500 DAMAGE HAS BEEN... show more Guy finds that rear plate got pushed, damaged fender. Fender also bowed out, and where restrained by silver brackets (below seat), caused slight pucker.

COP THEN GUESSTIMATES $1800 DAMAGE AND GIVES ME A TICKET (FOR IMPROPER BACKING) 'CAUSE HE "HAS TO" WHEN MORE THAN $500 DAMAGE HAS BEEN CAUSED'.

The traffic cop then attempted to motorcycle dork with the fellow, since that evil, non-motorcycle riding fellow had been dealt with to the tune of $500 deduct + $166 ticket + 4 license points (points unless I take a $20 class, or goto court, which would be $102)

MY.DAY.SUCKED.